YSA Ward not showing in list of stake units

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
dougj

YSA Ward not showing in list of stake units

Post by dougj »

Hi, I can't find an answer to this question in this forum. I hope I'm not repeating.

We have a YSA ward in our stake made of up single members of our stake. They attend at one of the chapels within our stake.

Why is the YSA ward not listed in the available units in our stake in either the lds.org directory or the LDS Tools app.

We have several leaders in the stake that interact regularly with the single adults in the YSA ward. It would be very helpful to view their leadership, find them by calling, etc.

I understand that their records are moved to the YSA ward. Is that correct?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: YSA Ward not showing in list of stake units

Post by russellhltn »

Given that you are located in Provo, I'd guess that the YSA Ward does not belong to your stake, but to a YSA Stake. So even though they share a building with you, they are not a part of your stake.

And yes, people who belong to the YSA ward will have their records in that ward, so you can't see them in your stake.

Currently the tools does not support working with "overlay" units whose boundaries overlaps another unit. I don't know if that's even in the plan to change.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dougj

Re: YSA Ward not showing in list of stake units

Post by dougj »

Thanks. Great response.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”