Dates on Interview List are one day off

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
bflynn

Dates on Interview List are one day off

Post by bflynn »

As a newly called Exec. Sec., I'm looking to use the Interview List app under the leader resources to monitor and schedule interviews for the Bishopric. I have an issue I could use some help on.

When I use the calendar icon to record a date of the interview into the date field the app enters the date correctly, but then upon refresh of the screen it changes the date to one day previous to the date I entered. For example, I entered an interview date of 9/15/13. After a refresh the date shows as 9/14/13. It does this action consistently; always one day behind the actual date. Any idea why this would be occurring? Time zone issue maybe?

This little issue makes it nearly impossible to schedule interviews in advance because the date will get messed up.

Also, where does the date go once entered? It would be nice if it saved the date and appended it to the action and interview list so I could see when interviews were done. Is there any integration between the two lists?

Thanks for your help.
Gary_Miller

Re: Dates on Interview List are one day off

Post by Gary_Miller »

bflynn wrote:When I use the calendar icon to record a date of the interview into the date field the app enters the date correctly, but then upon refresh of the screen it changes the date to one day previous to the date I entered. For example, I entered an interview date of 9/15/13. After a refresh the date shows as 9/14/13. It does this action consistently; always one day behind the actual date. Any idea why this would be occurring? Time zone issue maybe?
I tried it and it works fine.
bflynn

Post by bflynn »

What browser and OS are you using?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

This seems odd. Not sure why something would try to compensate for time zones, but I guess it's possible. Is it dependent on what time of day it is? Does it work OK in the morning and then fail in the evening?

Does it change a manually entered date or only when you use the calendar?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

bflynn wrote:What browser and OS are you using?
Windows 95, Goggle Chrome
bflynn

Post by bflynn »

russellhltn wrote:This seems odd. Not sure why something would try to compensate for time zones, but I guess it's possible. Is it dependent on what time of day it is? Does it work OK in the morning and then fail in the evening?

Does it change a manually entered date or only when you use the calendar?
It is not dependent on the time of day; it does it any time I try. It also changes the date when I enter it manually and when I use the calendar. Maybe a browser issue? I'm using Mac OS X and Safari, and I have the same issue when I use safari on my iPad.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bflynn wrote:It also changes the date when I enter it manually
Interesting. What time zone are you in? Have you verified that your computer's clock and time zone is set correctly?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bflynn

Post by bflynn »

russellhltn wrote:
bflynn wrote:It also changes the date when I enter it manually
Interesting. What time zone are you in? Have you verified that your computer's clock and time zone is set correctly?
I'm in central time zone. Yes, my computer clock and time zone are correctly set.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”