LDS Church to broadcast priesthood session on TV and online

Seen something newsworthy about the technology that the Church uses? Let everyone else know by posting here.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

LDS Church to broadcast priesthood session on TV and online

Post by Mikerowaved »

For the first time in its history, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will broadcast the priesthood session of its general conference live on television and online.

Addition info here...
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=26984558
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LDS Church to broadcast priesthood session on TV and onl

Post by russellhltn »

Well, I guess our Priesthood session will be smaller this year - ice cream treats not withstanding.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Mikerowaved wrote:For the first time in its history, . . . on television and online.
True. But if you leave out "and online" this is number two for television. The General Priesthood Meeting held April 1968 was broadcast publicly through KSL radio and television and received throughout a wide area of Utah and adjacent states.

I attended the meeting at the stake center with my father and brothers. Mom watched it at home with my sisters.

I suppose many of the overanxious news media reporters may be forgiven for not doing their homework. Nearly all of them are too young to remember such an event, or even why it happened.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Very interesting. We invite non-LDS males and unordained males to attend the priesthood session. If a woman walked into the chapel, I'm not sure if anyone would evict her. But as the Church statement states, tickets to attend the session in person are restricted.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
gregwanderson

Post by gregwanderson »

It's only been within the last year or two that they've made audio and video of the Priesthood Session available for download. Previously, you could only download the text. I'm happy to see more progress this soon. I just wonder if there will be "pressure" to attend the meeting at a stake center rather than staying home for a more convenient/comfortable viewing experience. Personally, I will not miss sitting on a folding chair for two hours and pinching my hands in the mad rush to put the chairs away after the meeting.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

I'm sure we're not alone, but our stake presidency uses this meeting for important "priesthood-related" announcements. There's also a fellowship that's at the stake center that you won't get at home - including the ice-cream treats :)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

techgy wrote:I'm sure we're not alone, but our stake presidency uses this meeting for important "priesthood-related" announcements.
Interesting. I've lived in multiple stakes, and have never heard of this being done. It's not an official stake priesthood meeting, so that seems unusual.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

aebrown wrote:
techgy wrote:I'm sure we're not alone, but our stake presidency uses this meeting for important "priesthood-related" announcements.
Interesting. I've lived in multiple stakes, and have never heard of this being done. It's not an official stake priesthood meeting, so that seems unusual.
You could be alone as I have also lived in multiple stakes and have never seen this done either.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

It happens here, occasionally. I guess this also means we will not need the URL and password to stream it this year in buildings that do not have satellite.
gregwanderson

Post by gregwanderson »

Our stake has often planned some kind of dinner at the Stake Center to go along with the General Relief Society broadcast. They're doing it again this weekend. I have no idea how well-attended this usually is but they still do it, although the broadcasts have been available on TV for several years (but maybe delayed that same evening instead of live).

We have only rarely been offered refreshments after the Priesthood broadcast but attendance has seemed consistent anyway. I suspect the number of men who'll stay home will be significant this time.

Return to “In The News”