Time Zone

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
amurphy12

Time Zone

Post by amurphy12 »

I am currently out of the country and will be Ior a considerable amount of time, but it is still my responsibility to update the youth activities for our stake. However, we've noticed that because I'm in a different time zone, all of the activities I submit are 9 hours earlier and inputted in my time zone.

ALSO, all the activities for our stake are displayed in my time zone at weird hours (Stake Conference will be at 1:30 am).

SO, is there away I can select the time zone for the information to be displayed and for the information to be submitted?

or Is there a way to update these activities to display correctly with the time our stake is in and not change depending on where I am travelling?

Thanks,

Amy
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Time Zone

Post by russellhltn »

amurphy12 wrote:is there away I can select the time zone for the information to be displayed and for the information to be submitted?
Yes, by controling the time zone your computer uses.

amurphy12 wrote:Is there a way to update these activities to display correctly with the time our stake is in and not change depending on where I am travelling?
Currently, there is no other way.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
amurphy12

Post by amurphy12 »

So, what would the solution be to the problem? Add 9 hours to every activity I submit?
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

I think what is being suggested whilst doing the entries, is to make sure the computer you are using is set to the same time zone as your Stake. Then the entries will be correct for local users.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

amurphy12 wrote:So, what would the solution be to the problem? Add 9 hours to every activity I submit?
I believe you would be able to do it that way, but I think the better suggestion is to change the time zone on your computer/laptop back to your local at home time zone while you are entering events on the calendar.
jeffevannelson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jeffevannelson »

Yes this is annoying I am working on trying to get this into a release soon. Basicly allow users to change the timezone on events. It will default to there machine but they can change it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jeffevannelson wrote:Basicly allow users to change the timezone on events. It will default to there machine but they can change it.
And perhaps more importantly, they'll know what they're looking at. You can't compensate for what you don't know.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jeffevannelson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jeffevannelson »

russellhltn wrote:
jeffevannelson wrote:Basicly allow users to change the timezone on events. It will default to there machine but they can change it.
And perhaps more importantly, they'll know what they're looking at. You can't compensate for what you don't know.
Yes at least if we showed the time zone the calendar/event was on then we would give them that information to fix it.

Return to “Calendar”