iPhone 5S LDS Tools Sync Failure

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
kerrykmiles

iPhone 5S LDS Tools Sync Failure

Post by kerrykmiles »

We purchased two new iPhones this weekend, a 5C and a 5S. The 5C syncs fine with LDS Tools. The 5S (iOS V 7.0.1) fails every time with two errors:
Error #1 occurs about 10-15% into the sync: "LDS Calendar services were not available. Please try to sync again later."
Error #2 - "Error Downloading Some information could not be downloaded, please try again later."
This has been occurring since yesterday and receipt of the phone. I've deleted LDS Tools twice, rebooted and then reinstalled, always with the same error. After acknowledging the errors I can't get past the login screens.
Is this related to the new security options allowing for Fingerprint security and the passcode changes in v2.2.1. My account works fine on my iPad 4 with iOS v7.0.0.

Any suggestions?
kerrykmiles

Re: iPhone 5S LDS Tools Sync Failure

Post by kerrykmiles »

I continue to try and sync without success. I just removed the app again, rebooted and loaded it again with the same results.

Is there another place I should report this to get it resolved or answered? I can't do it via the app as it won't ever sync and get past the login screen.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kerrykmiles wrote:Is there another place I should report this to get it resolved or answered? I can't do it via the app as it won't ever sync and get past the login screen.
Reporting through the app simply sends a report to an email address, which you can also see on the wiki at Gospel Library support - iPhone.
billoukimmiller

Post by billoukimmiller »

I am having the very same issue on my iPhone 5S as Kerry Miles. We have tried everything we can think of to get it to work properly. My wife also has the 5S and hers syncs fine on her lds account and on mine. We have tried to sync her lds account and mine on my phone but neither will sync.

We have powered down the phone and restarted it. Deleted the app and reinstalled it in all the combinations that we can think of. We have deleted any apps on my phone that my wife does not have on her phone and it still will not sync on my phone.

We have tried this with both a pass code and without. We have not activated the fingerprint function on either phone.

The only difference between the phones that we know of is one is black and was purchased at the AT&T store (that is the one that won't sync) and the other is silver and was purchased as an Apple store. Both phones are running on the latest iOS (7.0.2)
mwgrover

Post by mwgrover »

I'm glad I don't have a 5s yet! (Not for lack of trying, though - they're all sold out locally!)
chrisjensen101

Post by chrisjensen101 »

We are having the same issue with the iphone 5 and are getting the same errors and we've tried everything!! Does anyone have a solution or fix?
kerrykmiles

Re: iPhone 5S LDS Tools Sync Failure - Resolved

Post by kerrykmiles »

I was able to resolve this issue by going into Settings>Safari>Block Cookies> and changing the setting from "Always" to "From third parties and advertisers". I went back to LDS Tools and it synced without error. I'm guessing that the default setting changed with iOS 7 in setting up my new device. Hopefully this works for others.
JefferyDon

Re: iPhone 5S LDS Tools Sync Failure - Resolved

Post by JefferyDon »

kerrykmiles wrote:I was able to resolve this issue by going into Settings>Safari>Block Cookies> and changing the setting from "Always" to "From third parties and advertisers". I went back to LDS Tools and it synced without error. I'm guessing that the default setting changed with iOS 7 in setting up my new device. Hopefully this works for others.
This solution worked for me, many, many thanks!!!
imbobert

Post by imbobert »

Works on this end as well...I should a known. I remember setting it to Always not to long ago. I was thinking it had something to do with the iOS 7 upgrade.
gregleininger

Post by gregleininger »

I have had lds tools on my ipad and worked fine. Recently updated software to 7.0.2 iOS. Now my ward and stake directory listed all names in duplicate. So I deleted lds tools. Turned off my ipad and rebooted it. Then I downloaded lds tools again.

Yet it gives that message about "cannot download some of the software." Yet my safari cookie settings are already on "third party," NOT on "Always!" So now what do I do?

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”