Ward Clerk Can't Add Editors to Certain Ward Calendars

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
elscott

Ward Clerk Can't Add Editors to Certain Ward Calendars

Post by elscott »

We have tried various browsers and various calendars, but we cannot add the Ward Mission Leader to the Ward Mission Calendar as an Editor. Currently there are no editors specifically for this calendar. Does anyone know how to over come this problem. We have called Salt Lake, Searched the forum and the Wiki, and there it has been no help. We can add editors to other calendars, but not to this one or the Bishop calendar.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Ward Clerk Can't Add Editors to Certain Ward Calendars

Post by aebrown »

To troubleshoot this, I'd look into a few things:
  • Are you trying to add the WML as an editor by calling or by name? If by calling, have you verified that the WML has a standard calling (not a custom calling)?
  • When you say you can't add the WML as an editor, what do you mean? Does he not appear on the list as an option, or when you try to add him, do you get an error message, or do you get a spinner?
  • Can you add the ward mission leader to other calendars? You mentioned that you can add editors to other calendars, but you didn't mention the WML specifically. And you said you had tried various calendars, but it's not clear to me just what your experiences were with those other calendars.
  • Are the calendars you are having difficulty with private or public ward calendars?
elscott

Post by elscott »

1 we have tried to add him by both by calling and by name. his calling in MLS is the Standard calling not a custom.
2 he appears on the list and when we click add, he shows in the list, but when we click save, we get the spinner, so far we have let the spinner run for 12.5 hours (over night) and it never resolves.
3 we can add him to other calendars that are both public and private, but which calenders save and which just continue to spin is unpredictable, some save and some just spin perpetually and will not save no matter what change is being attempted whether removing an editor or adding an editor.
4 we have mixed experiences with both types.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Another idea would be to try a different web browser.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

elscott wrote:we can add him to other calendars that are both public and private, but which calenders save and which just continue to spin is unpredictable,
Could it be the calendars affected all had editors that moved out of the unit or other changes "forced" upon it rather then having the change go though the web page?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
elscott

Post by elscott »

As I mentioned above, we have tried multiple different browsers, explorer 9 and google chrome; both of which are listed as supported browsers. We have tried both browsers on various different computers on various different networks. It is not the browser causing the problem.

As for changes forced upon the affected calendars, I am not certain. What would the implications of that be and how would it be fixed? Few of our leadership have moved out of the ward recently, but I would like to check, how does one check that possibility?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

elscott wrote:As for changes forced upon the affected calendars, I am not certain. What would the implications of that be and how would it be fixed?
It means the list of editors may be in a invalid state do to the data changing from forces other then the web interface. Unless someone can find a trick, it would have to be fixed by CHQ, but it would be a big clue to the those who have to fix the bug.
elscott wrote:Few of our leadership have moved out of the ward recently, but I would like to check, how does one check that possibility?
That's going to take "institutional memory". Who had editing rights to those calendars where something changed?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”