Need MLS language change help...

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
timtews

Need MLS language change help...

Post by timtews »

I am the Financial Clerk for my Ward.
We are a Samoan Ward and recently our MLS version was changed to Samoan language.
I do not read or speak Samoan and I need help changing the language back to English...

I have already tried the method outlined here:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Changing_the_ ... ing_in_MLS

The product.properties file for our MLS is still in English but our reports and forms all print and show in Samoan language. The actual menus and buttons in MLS are in English but our tithing input entry tab and subsequent statements and reports are all in Samoan.

This has only changed in the past 3 months, previously all reports/statements/tithing entry was all in English. Does anyone know how to change these items back to English? Is there a MOD that changes only specific parts of MLS language display? Is there someone I need to contact to help remedy this? Please help.

Thank you.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Need MLS language change help...

Post by sbradshaw »

MLS can be in English, but if the reports and forms are to be filled out by or given to Samoan-speaking members, they should be in Samoan, right?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:but if the reports and forms are to be filled out by or given to Samoan-speaking members, they should be in Samoan, right?
Depends on the report in question. In my experience, most leaders of a "language" ward have good English skills - in order to work with and be trained by the stake. There isn't too many reports that go to the end member.

To address the OP's problem, I'd suggest following the original instructions but apply them to the print.properties file instead of the product.properties.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rbballard

Post by rbballard »

This is also problematic for stake auditors who do not speak the language of the ward or branch.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Note that as of MLS 3.8.1, you can change languages from the login screen.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”