I can't upload pictures to Newsletter

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
strj500

I can't upload pictures to Newsletter

Post by strj500 »

I can't upload pictures to Newsletter. Can someone please fix this? I can get a Filetype not allowed error when trying to upload.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: I can't upload pictures to Newsletter

Post by russellhltn »

What kind of computer are you trying to use? PC, Mac, iPad?

What is the photo's extension? Is it JPG or something else?

How large is the file?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Also note that images cannot be attached (as an attachment) to a Newsletter article. Only the following file types can be attached: PDF, DOC, DOCX, XLSX, XLS, PPTX, PPT, ODT, FODT, ODS, FODS, ODP, and FODP. Images are included (imbedded) in the article but cannot be attached separately. Allowed image file types include BMP, GIF, JPG, JPEG, PNG, SVG, and TIFF. Regardless of the file type, all images are converted to JPEG when uploaded.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mevans

Post by mevans »

russellhltn wrote:What kind of computer are you trying to use? PC, Mac, iPad?

What is the photo's extension? Is it JPG or something else?

How large is the file?
These are great questions to answers. Also tell us which web browsers you've tried. I think image upload only works on some browsers, but if you got far enough to get a file type not allowed, I'm guessing your browser supports upload.

Return to “Newsletter”