FIS Backup

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
rodrigues.lds

FIS Backup

Post by rodrigues.lds »

In one of our new Branches in our Stake here in Brazil, when selecting any link related to financial matters inside the MLS System, an error occurs saying that "there is no file or backup FIS". I have called to GSC Brazil but they are more lost than me. Did anyone face the same problem and could give a hand, please?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: FIS Backup

Post by lajackson »

rodrigues.lds wrote:In one of our new Branches in our Stake here in Brazil, when selecting any link related to financial matters inside the MLS System, an error occurs saying that "there is no file or backup FIS". I have called to GSC Brazil but they are more lost than me. Did anyone face the same problem and could give a hand, please?
FIS was the old Financial Information System we used before MLS. When we first installed MLS in 2004, we used a backup from FIS to convert to the new financial part of MLS. Today, in the US and Canada, at least, MLS is synchronized with the CUBS system.

It may be that you are seeing an old message, and that your area office needs to send you a financial file to get the new branch set up on MLS. I am not sure how this is handled in your country.

This is the nearest thing I can think of that may help, but your area financial support office is going to have to figure it out to actually help you.

In the US, the Local Unit Support folks that would send us a financial file such as this are different from the Global Service Desk folks that would help with more general computer problems. Again, that may be different in your country. So it would not surprise me here that the GSD could not answer this particular question, but I would expect the LUS folks to be able to do so.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I agree with lajackson. As a new unit, you either need a "setup file" or have the file sent down during a send/receive. Either way, you're dependent on your area office to fix this.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rodrigues.lds

Post by rodrigues.lds »

You were right guys. I received help form the GSC group / finnancial department and they sent the setup file. After a Send/Receive, the file was received and the problem was fixed.
Thank you all for your support.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”