Sacrament Cup Automatic Filler

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
Brewhaha

Sacrament Cup Automatic Filler

Post by Brewhaha »

Many years ago I remember using an automatic filler that was attached to the faucet to fill sacrament cups. I don't know if it was a commercial product or homemade. Has anyone seen one of these? Are they available to purchase anywhere?
gregwanderson

Re: Sacrament Cup Automatic Filler

Post by gregwanderson »

We had one in our ward in Southern California in the early 1980s. I never saw another one since then. As I recall, it was more trouble to set it up than to simply hold/move the top part of the tray under a normal tap.
Brewhaha

Post by Brewhaha »

Maybe my memories (which also date back to the 80's) are inaccurate but I recall it being very nice. As it is now, the teachers run the cups under th sink making a mess and, most often, way underfilling the cups.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

I think it just comes down to a bit of training. (Great Teacher Quorum activity!) When I was a Teacher, the standard practice was to fill the cups under the faucet with med-low pressure (to avoid the obvious back-splash) until they were nearly full. Then the trick was to tip the tray about 30°, which uniformly emptied them down to an acceptable level, then wipe off the outside of the tray. Piece of cake.

You might be interested in some additional tips from THIS similar thread from about 2 years ago.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rdbrown75

Post by rdbrown75 »

This is the one my ward had growing up.

https://patentimages.storage.googleapis ... 811604.pdf
Michaeljefferyjones

Post by Michaeljefferyjones »

Just take the top off with the cups fill up under the tap and then place top with cupsa back onto the tray hey presto done and no mess

Return to “General Discussions”