Custom Reports using Quarterly Report Convert Detail

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
pminet

Custom Reports using Quarterly Report Convert Detail

Post by pminet »

Is there a way to create a custom report using data captured in the quarterly report convert detail section.

For e.g. I am trying to create a report showing converts who are ym and to show if they have received the priesthood (yes its in MLS), if they have a calling (yes its in MLS), if they have attended sacrament ( :confused: its in the quarterly report but is that it?)

I wonder if the only way to do this is to dump to csv both reports and vlookup the information in excel.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Custom Reports using Quarterly Report Convert Detail

Post by jdlessley »

pminet wrote:Is there a way to create a custom report using data captured in the quarterly report convert detail section.
Not all data in MLS is available through a custom report.
pminet wrote:I am trying to create a report showing converts who are ym and to show if they have received the priesthood (yes its in MLS), if they have a calling (yes its in MLS), if they have attended sacrament ( :confused: its in the quarterly report but is that it?)
A custom report showing young men converts with the priesthood and holding a calling is possible. The filter criteria for this would be something like:
Member Status | is | Convert
Sex | is | male
Age | is less than | 19
and Age | is greater than | 11
Priesthood | is not | Unordained
Calling in Organization | has a value
But there is no data regarding attending sacrament for an individual in MLS. Sacrament meeting attendance is statistical data for the entire ward. If you were tracking sacrament attendance for an individual through a custom field then the data would be available. Do do so would require advance planning and additional administrative man hours to track.
pminet wrote:I wonder if the only way to do this is to dump to csv both reports and vlookup the information in excel.
This would not provide any more information that the custom report using the filter criteria provided above for the particular data you want. The data point you are missing and not available in MLS is the individual sacrament attendance.

Line 24 of the quarterly report, converts age 8 and older baptized and confirmed in the last 12 months attending at least one sacrament meeting last month, is obtained from the ward mission leader. It is data he tracks for converts. Note that it asks for converts witin the 12 months prior to the quarterly report end date attending sacrament in the last month. It does not ask for data for all converts.

The report you want will not necessarily give the data for line 25, converts age 12 and older who have a Church responsibility or calling. MLS may not have the data for those with responsibilities. It will have data for those with callings and some responsibilities. A responsibility is not necessarily recorded in MLS. For example, we have teachers who have the responsibility as ushers. That responsibility is not recorded in MLS.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
pminet

Post by pminet »

Thanks for the reply.
Sorry I should have pointed out a bit more clearly that I am trying to retrieve data from the "Convert Detail" section of the MLS report. That data contains sacrament meeting attendance information. That is the information that doesn't seem to be reportable via custom report.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

pminet wrote:Thanks for the reply.
That data contains sacrament meeting attendance information.
The Sacrament Meeting attendance is a number put in by the ward clerk when he submits quarterly reports. He counts attendance each week, then averages it for the month. Because it is just an overall number, individuals are not tracked – just the overall size of the group that's there each week. The number is put directly into that one field on the quarterly report by the clerk and generally isn't recorded anywhere else.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:The Sacrament Meeting attendance is a number put in by the ward clerk when he submits quarterly reports. He counts attendance each week, then averages it for the month.
I think he's referring to attendance by converts. I'm not familiar with that report, but it wouldn't surprise me but what it's the same answer - the information is tracked and calculated on a printed worksheet and only the statistical result is inputted to MLS. Much like PH/RS attendance.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”