Adults Showing up in Primary Classes

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
Tomball Clerk-p40

Adults Showing up in Primary Classes

Post by Tomball Clerk-p40 »

While printing out 2Q class rolls for Primary, I noticed several adults in my Valiant 9A class. While in the "Class Members" page, if I click on the "remove" button, it asks me where I want to move them, then gives me only other primary class options. I can't get rid of 70 year old Valiant 9A. When viewing the individuals assignments on his Record, it has Primary, Sunday School, and Elders. I reset his assignments and Primary dropped off, but I still can't get him out of the Valiant 9A class. Any ideas?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Tomball Clerk wrote:While printing out 2Q class rolls for Primary, I noticed several adults in my Valiant 9A class. While in the "Class Members" page, if I click on the "remove" button, it asks me where I want to move them, then gives me only other primary class options. I can't get rid of 70 year old Valiant 9A. When viewing the individuals assignments on his Record, it has Primary, Sunday School, and Elders. I reset his assignments and Primary dropped off, but I still can't get him out of the Valiant 9A class. Any ideas?

You should first check the rules associated with your Valiant 9A class to make sure you have the right age limits. My guess is that you don't have any age limits on that class. See this thread for more details.

As for removing someone from a class, you found the right way to do it: In MLS you should always be able to go to Organizations, Primary, Class Members, then scroll down to the Valiant 9A class. That will show all the class members, each with a Remove link at the right. Clicking that link should actually remove the person from the class. Although the dialog that pops up allows you to move them to another class, you don't have to select a class -- just click OK and the person will simply be removed.
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

In a different but related thread, someone asserted that doing a regular/standard backup of the MLS data and then restoring the MLS data from that backup forces MLS to rebuild its indexes. That might fix some of the glitches you are experiencing. You then might click on the Reset Classes link for both Primary (and/or Sunday School if needed).

Before you do any of that I would print out hard copies of all the Primary and Sunday School classes so that you can manually reconstruct anything that needs it.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”