Repeating event problem

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
kgreat

Repeating event problem

Post by kgreat »

HELP!!! I'm a ward leader trying to post a weekly repeating activity to the calendar. I have 2 problems now. The first is that the program will not allow me to save the event. I keep getting routed to a message that says I have to correct the box that asks how often the activity repeats. I input that it repeats weekly and it continues to display the error message. I don't know if there's something else I need to do, or if there is something wrong with the system.

The second is that after spending 10 minutes trying to figure out how to post on this site, I got very frustrated and called upon my husband, who is an IT professional--60+ hours a week spent doing just this kind of work, to help me. After 20 MINUTES, and numerous jumped-through hoops, he finally got me to this page. We lay church members need something much more user-friendly--PLEASE! We are doing our best to jump into and stay in the world of technology within the church organization framework, but the time and frustration it is taking on these sites is difficult at best. Thank you for listening and for your help.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Repeating event problem

Post by aebrown »

There are two issues that I know of that can lead to this error message. One is a problem that sometimes occurs where the number of weeks to repeat is set to 0 when you edit an event. You have to change it from 0 to 1 and then you can save it. The other is that you try to repeat an event so far in the future that it exceeds the 2-year limit (you cannot schedule repeating events over a time span that exceeds 2 years).
kgreat

Post by kgreat »

Thank you for the response, nope, neither of those apply. The time frame is set to 1 and the end date is set to end in Oct. of this year. I think it is a glitch in the system. Do you know who I would contact to get it fixed?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kgreat wrote:Thank you for the response, nope, neither of those apply. The time frame is set to 1 and the end date is set to end in Oct. of this year. I think it is a glitch in the system. Do you know who I would contact to get it fixed?
Well, I can create repeating weekly events with no problem. It's possible that there is something about the settings of your event that is causing the problem. If your event doesn't have any particularly confidential data, could you grab a screen shot of your Event Details screen, including the error message, and attach it a reply you make to this topic? That would allow us to see exactly what you are seeing. Or if that is too much trouble, perhaps you could tell us exactly what each setting in the "Repeating" section (the right-hand column) of the Event Details page says for this event.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kgreat wrote:The time frame is set to 1 and the end date is set to end in Oct. of this year.
That's confusing me. I believe you can either specify the number of repeats OR the end date - not both.

One trick I'd suggest is to schedule the first event and save it, then go back and edit it to make it repeating.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

russellhltn wrote:
kgreat wrote:The time frame is set to 1 and the end date is set to end in Oct. of this year.
I believe you can either specify the number of repeats OR the end date - not both.
By "time frame" I think kgreat means where it says "Occurs every __ weeks." Sometimes it sets itself to "Occurs every 0 weeks" and it needs to be changed to "Occurs every 1 weeks".

Return to “Calendar”