Multi-stake Report

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
jrwagz

Multi-stake Report

Post by jrwagz »

I am a new Stake Clerk and my Stake has an interesting situation which requires me to gather a custom report across a few stakes in the area. I have done a search of the forum and haven't found anything that answers the question.

Is there a way for a Stake Clerk to generate cross-stake reports? It seems like maybe I'll need to contact the stake clerks at each stake, but I'm hoping there is another solution to this.

Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Multi-stake Report

Post by russellhltn »

jrwagz wrote:Is there a way for a Stake Clerk to generate cross-stake reports? It seems like maybe I'll need to contact the stake clerks at each stake, but I'm hoping there is another solution to this.
What kind of information? If it's statistical, there's none that I know of. Perhaps someone at the area or regional level has rights to do something like this, but typically one only has rights to one's own stake.

The only exception is if they are a out of unit leader in another stake, but even then there's access to the information and nothing to compile reports across the two stakes.

If you're just trying to create a cross-stake directory, then the CDOL should be of some help. You can see leadership information about nearby stakes, but not statistical.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Once you generate the custom report for your stake, you can send the definition to the other stake clerks so that you get back consistent data and simplify the creation process for them.
jrwagz

Post by jrwagz »

@JonesRK, that sounds like exactly what I need.

I haven't dealt much with custom reports before, is it easy to find the "export report definition" function?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

jrwagz wrote:I haven't dealt much with custom reports before, is it easy to find the "export report definition" function?
It's pretty easy to find.

Custom reports are found under Membership -> Custom Reports (menu) or Reports/Forms -> Reports/Tools -> Custom Reports (tiles). Once you have created a custom report that generates what you are looking for, you can export that using the "Export" link on the report row. Transfer that file to the other system and use the Import button to bring it into that unit's MLS database.

Return to “Reports and Forms”