Sorted membership lists are incomplete

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
dbreed

Sorted membership lists are incomplete

Post by dbreed »

From Membership List (Membership>(Records)MembershipList) incomplete lists are generated/displayed when the List By: Organizations option is used.

The group lists generated from the Unit Statistics report and Attendance rolls look to be correct. However they don't include contact information the ward auxiliaries are requesting.

Our ward is not authorized to use MLS, so Membership tools are limited. Very thankful for all that's been added to the Clerk & Leadership Resources on lds.org.

!!!Happy days when Edit Member Calling Information is available on lds.org!!!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Sorted membership lists are incomplete

Post by sbradshaw »

What contact information is being requested? If you've only had limited membership tools, I wouldn't be surprised if contact information such as email addresses or phone numbers was never entered into the system.
dbreed

Post by dbreed »

Our ward leaders are needing the usual contact information: name, mobile #, and email addresses. And, heh, be prepared to be surprised everything has been updated via lds.org.

The list sort on Clerk Resources - Member List doesn't include all of the individuals in for example our High Priest quorum, Relief Society, or Teachers quorum, etc. It's not random but always same people.

Is this unique to our ward? Anyone have an idea how we can fix it? Our stake clerk as access MLS for our ward is there something he could change?

Thanks All
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

What I see in the reports is the Unit Statistics report gives general statistical information and only for the group selected. And the Organization reports give the detail information for all those assigned to the organization.

For instance. If you were to select HP in the statistics report the list will show only ordained HP in the ward. If you select HP under the organization reports you get all male members who are assigned to the HP Group this includes those elders and prospective elders who are assigned to the Group. This is how it should be.

I did see a differences in the RS numbers by 2 more on the RS organization list verses the total women in the ward. I going to compare the lists and see what the difference is, and report back.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

Gary_Miller wrote:I did see a differences in the RS numbers by 2 more on the RS organization list verses the total women in the ward. I going to compare the lists and see what the difference is, and report back.
The difference I found is that the Unit Statistics report for women did not include Members of Record Age 9 or Older, which there are two women in my ward on the list. Where the RS organization report includes those two individuals. Which would also enplane while attendance rolls and organization reports have the same individuals, but are different from the statistics report.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”