Missionary Info (lds.org)

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
techgy
Community Moderators

Missionary Info (lds.org)

Post by techgy »

On each ward's web site (lds.org) there's a link (missionary) that provides information about the full-time missionaries serving as well as the full-time missionaries assigned to the ward.

Our ward has two sets of full-time missionaries assigned to it (2 sisters and 2 elders). Only the 2 sisters - who were recently assigned - are showing up. Before the sisters were added, the 2 elders were appearing. I've called the local mission office and confirmed that we do indeed have 2 sets of missionaries assigned. I'm thinking that perhaps there's limited space and only the last two names assigned are showing up.

Has anyone else seen this?
Biggles

Re: Missionary Info (lds.org)

Post by Biggles »

techgy wrote:On each ward's web site (lds.org) there's a link (missionary) that provides information about the full-time missionaries serving as well as the full-time missionaries assigned to the ward.

Our ward has two sets of full-time missionaries assigned to it (2 sisters and 2 elders). Only the 2 sisters - who were recently assigned - are showing up. Before the sisters were added, the 2 elders were appearing. I've called the local mission office and confirmed that we do indeed have 2 sets of missionaries assigned. I'm thinking that perhaps there's limited space and only the last two names assigned are showing up.

Has anyone else seen this?
Yes I've noticed this. What seems to happen is the Missionaries are swapped over, in the Directory, between the Sisters and the Elders, every week or so! I haven't checked regularly enough to work out what the time periods are!
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Biggles wrote:Yes I've noticed this. What seems to happen is the Missionaries are swapped over, in the Directory, between the Sisters and the Elders, every week or so! I haven't checked regularly enough to work out what the time periods are!
Thanks. This would seem to confirm the fact that there's not enough room to post information on any more than a pair of missionaries.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

techgy wrote:
Biggles wrote:Yes I've noticed this. What seems to happen is the Missionaries are swapped over, in the Directory, between the Sisters and the Elders, every week or so! I haven't checked regularly enough to work out what the time periods are!
Thanks. This would seem to confirm the fact that there's not enough room to post information on any more than a pair of missionaries.
Unfortunately not strictly true! We have 3 Sister Missionaries in our ward at the moment, all listed! I haven't been able to find out why their listings are alternated, in the way they are!

We also have 5 of our own Full Time Missionaries listed!
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Definitely weird. As I said, our local mission secretary confirmed that both sets of missionaries are assigned to our ward, so why both sets wouldn't appear in our ward, when - as you stated - multiple sets of missionaries are appearing in your ward - is strange.

I'm not familiar with the software that the mission office uses to update this information. There may be an issue with that software that's causing this, but this is only a guess.

I've sent in some feedback to lds.org and perhaps they can enlighten us.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Biggles wrote:Unfortunately not strictly true! We have 3 Sister Missionaries in our ward at the moment, all listed!
But I'd expect that to be one companionship. So it seems the problem is when a ward has more than one companionship assigned to it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

russellhltn wrote:
Biggles wrote:Unfortunately not strictly true! We have 3 Sister Missionaries in our ward at the moment, all listed!
But I'd expect that to be one companionship. So it seems the problem is when a ward has more than one companionship assigned to it.
That's certainly a distinct possibility. I received a response from my feedback to lds.org - basically, they said that they have no responsibility in assigning the missionaries. I think they mis-understood my question. Anyway, the assignments are made by the mission office, which I've confirmed already.

I'd like to hear from someone from CHQ who deals with the lds.org software. Perhaps they can shed some light on this.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

russellhltn wrote:
Agreed! Our Sister Missionaries are indeed one companionship. We also have two separate Elder companionship's now. This happened at the last changeover, when an additional set were assigned to our Ward. I expect if I check in the Directory next week, one of these other companionship's will be showing instead of the Sisters.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”