Attaching PDF file on iPad

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
zaneclark

Attaching PDF file on iPad

Post by zaneclark »

I am away from home with only my ipad and am unable to attach PDF files to a newsletter. I can attach photos ok, but when I click on the attachment link, it only brings up my photos...
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Attaching PDF file on iPad

Post by sbradshaw »

Where is the PDF stored on your iPad? Is it in a specific app?
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

The PDF files are in emails and in iBooks. I can't figure out if it is possible attach them to a newsletter article using only my iPad.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I don't think it's possible – as far as I know, the camera/photos app is the only storage space that iOS gives Safari access to, and PDF files can't be saved in the camera roll. If the file you want to upload were saved as an image file (like .jpg or .png) and put in the camera roll it would work... but that requires a computer too.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Since I was unable to attach a PDF file using my iPad, I worked around this by opening the PDF, taking a screen shot, and then cropping out the flyer to make the jpeg as large as possible, and then adding it to the newsletter. Photos attach easily and are immediately visible when you open the newsletter. To make it easier for members who don't like to click too many times, I pasted the link to the newsletter in a post to the ward. The responses so far have all been very positive. The PDF files were flyers for stake events and the Sacrament program and announcements. (And I did all of this using only my iPad from 4000 miles away!)
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Taking a screenshot is a great idea!

Return to “Newsletter”