Gospel Library not working in Windows 8.1

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

hayryn

Gospel Library not working in Windows 8.1

Post by hayryn »

Gospel library on Windows 8.1 does not open. Is anyone else using Windows 8.1 and have this issues?
jajaskolka

Re: Gospel Library not working in Windows 8.1

Post by jajaskolka »

It works for me, and has worked since launch of the app. There are a ton of bugs, that I see. But at least it works.
rdeeds

Post by rdeeds »

I can add the app from the app store, but when I start the app I get header screen but nothing loads. Windows 8 tablet.
utahman1971

Post by utahman1971 »

I got it working, but as soon as I get to the last 3 magazines to download, friend, new era, liahona. I will get so close to downloading all of everything and then app restarts, and I lose some of those downloads from those three magazines, and have to redo it again. I tried multiple times and it just does the same thing. It only happens on those three. No clue why it won't keep the information as downloaded. Too bad there is no bug section in the forum for bugs. Anyways I got what I needed, but hope I don't lose it all do to app restarts. If I do lose it, then there will be no app for resources. I don't know if the app is fully supported for windows 8.1 yet, but it should be since all windows 8 is getting this update free.
utahman1971

Post by utahman1971 »

It has problems downloading sources. I keep clicking right after another and shows downloading but it shows it hasn't, and I do it right after again and again. It is not working. I will just have to stop using it if I can't get the stuff. Apparently it is not finished for windows 8.1. Need to be fixed or I just will uninstall for not working right.
argystu

Post by argystu »

i am having the same issue.
argystu

Post by argystu »

hayryn wrote:Gospel library on Windows 8.1 does not open. Is anyone else using Windows 8.1 and have this issues?
I am having the same issue - just installed it (and reinstalled, etc) - appcrash if you check the event log...says that the app stopped interacting with windows.
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

My recommendation would be to download and install (and use) the new beta that was released a while back:

http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/app/g ... eeec2a95b2

This should not only give you a better experience overall, but should also get completely around the crashing problem.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
leeandkaryntaylor

Post by leeandkaryntaylor »

I'm having the same issue on Gospel library and Gospel Library beta. Has anyone heard when the next update will be and if it will allow to do a full download at one time like on the Android version?
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

I'm having the same issue on Gospel library and Gospel Library beta. Has anyone heard when the next update will be and if it will allow to do a full download at one time like on the Android version?
I'm going to assume the 'same issue' you're having is that the application crashes on start or that it takes a very long time to start. Have you tried reinstalling the application? Do that and see if the application works for you after reinstallation.

As for the 'next update': we don't have time tables for releases. We release new stuff when new stuff is ready to be released. That's as precise as we get. The feature you're talking about is called "Download All" (or "Download Section"). The fact is, that, while we want to implement this feature, we have a few roadblocks we have to remove before we can get this feature up. For example, we have to change how the application checks for updates to content because, if a user has too much content downloaded, it can cause the application to take a very long time to start or become very slow.

Rest assured, however, that if a feature exists on iOS or Android, given enough time, it will almost certainly make its way to Windows. We just have to have time to write it. We are all volunteers, after all.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”