How can I e-mail the entire Ward Council?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
roskelleycj

How can I e-mail the entire Ward Council?

Post by roskelleycj »

The Bishop asked me the other day to send an e-mail to the entire Ward Council. I was surpised that I could find no such feature. I basically, had to goto each person's profile in the Directory and look-up their e-mail and build my own e-mail list. What a pain!

I found this post: https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... cil#p43388

Which suggests that such a feature exists. However, I've been in the feature and this is what I see:
EMail-WardCouncil.jpg
(130.57 KiB) Downloaded 314 times
I.e. you can see that you can e-mail the leadership of a particular organization. In this example is the Bishopric:
EMail-WardCouncil-FeatureHighlighted.jpg
(136.2 KiB) Downloaded 314 times
What I would like is a feature where I would select 'Email Ward Council'

Help me? What have I missed? Or how do I request such a feature?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: How can I e-mail the entire Ward Council?

Post by russellhltn »

There is no one-button feature like that. But all that link does is create a list of email addresses that can then be copied to your email client or Notepad. I was able to go to each section, create a list, and the paste the result to build a combined list.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
roskelleycj

Post by roskelleycj »

Yes, that is what I did too. Just seems like it would be pretty simple feature to allow getting JUST the Ward Council. I.e. I had to cherry-pick off each president etc. And I know it is just a DB query, so I believe it would be pretty simple to add such a feature.

Also, if it was that simple, I believe that more communciation would occur via the right set of people, rather than through a clerk. I.e. a middle man.

Thanks for the info. If it really isn't a feature, I can return and report that it is not.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Have you tried the Send Message feature from Clerk Resources? I believe it has a ward council option in it. You have to make sure all the leaders have their email set to stake visibility.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

roskelleycj wrote:Yes, that is what I did too. Just seems like it would be pretty simple feature to allow getting JUST the Ward Council. I.e. I had to cherry-pick off each president etc. And I know it is just a DB query, so I believe it would be pretty simple to add such a feature.

Also, if it was that simple, I believe that more communciation would occur via the right set of people, rather than through a clerk. I.e. a middle man.

Thanks for the info. If it really isn't a feature, I can return and report that it is not.
Emailing the Ward Council (and other leadership groups) is available from the messaging feature of Clerk Resources (https://clerk.lds.org). The messaging feature isn't exactly obvious. It's a envelope icon on the right side of the toolbar:
ClerkResourcesMessaging.png
ClerkResourcesMessaging.png (23.74 KiB) Viewed 1527 times
Note that not all groups are available to all clerks. I'm not sure which groups are visible to assistant clerks but a ward clerk should see them all. And unfortunately this feature is not currently available to anyone outside the bishopric and clerks. So it doesn't facilitate communication between leaders without clerk or bishopric involvement.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:It's a envelope icon on the right side of the toolbar
Ugh. I wish it didn't have the sheet of paper coming out of it. It looks too much like a printer icon.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
roskelleycj

Post by roskelleycj »

Sweet! Thank you.

It is interesting, that in the thread on topic they mentioned the little icon. But without your picture of that icon it did NOT make sense.

Thanks!

Now to get everyone to fill out their e-mail addresses. ;-)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:
eblood66 wrote:It's a envelope icon on the right side of the toolbar
Ugh. I wish it didn't have the sheet of paper coming out of it. It looks too much like a printer icon.
Note that for Leader Resources the text "Send a Message" appears next to the icon. And for the Clerk Resources beta, the entire menu has been restructured, so that the Send a Message feature is on a menu, with the text spelled out. So it appears that there will be no reliance on a naked icon in the future, which is a good thing.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”