Question about transferring funds

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
vconsentino

Question about transferring funds

Post by vconsentino »

Hi,

So I'm the local ward finance clerk and the new ward clerk withdrew the Young Men Scout Camp funds from the Young Men's account. MLS does not allow you to transfer money back to the budget. Is there a way to transfer money from the Young Men's Scout Camp fund to the Young Men's fund?

As far as I know, I could write a check to Young Men's and have the source of the funds come from Young Men's Scout Camp fund. I had to do this with some distribution reimbursement funds from other local wards. They owed us money from some shared costs. I sent the check in with tithing and in the "Other" field wrote "Distribution Charges".

Is this frowned upon? Can I do it to transfer funds from YM Scout Camp to YM's?

Thanks.
RossEvans

Re: Question about transferring funds

Post by RossEvans »

If the expense was charged to the wrong account, it is not too late to fix this. Just edit the category of the original expense to the expense category that should have been charged in the first place.
vconsentino

Post by vconsentino »

RossEvans wrote:If the expense was charged to the wrong account, it is not too late to fix this. Just edit the category of the original expense to the expense category that should have been charged in the first place.
Hi Ross. I just actually read that on another thread but I am having trouble doing it on MLS. I went to "View/Update Expenses" but didn't have luck there.

Thanks again and further help would be very much appreciated.
vconsentino

Post by vconsentino »

Actually. Now it seems to be working. I swear just a few minutes ago I wasn't able to.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”