How can I e-mail the entire Ward Council?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
roskelleycj

How can I e-mail the entire Ward Council?

Post by roskelleycj »

The Bishop asked me the other day to send an e-mail to entire Ward Council. I was surpised that I could find no such feature. I basically, had to goto each person's profile in the Directory and look-up their e-mail and build my own e-mail list. What a pain!

Help me? What have I missed? Or how do I request such a feature?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: How can I e-mail the entire Ward Council?

Post by russellhltn »

You've posted in the MLS section and MLS has no email feature. Are you thinking about the on-line tools?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
roskelleycj

Post by roskelleycj »

Sure??? How am I supposed to know the difference? When I look at the forums, there isn't one that describes the difference between the different tools. Is it 'Other Technologies' or is it 'General Clerk Discussions' or is it some other site altogether?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

roskelleycj wrote:Sure??? How am I supposed to know the difference? When I look at the forums, there isn't one that describes the difference between the different tools. Is it 'Other Technologies' or is it 'General Clerk Discussions' or is it some other site altogether?
The LDSTech Forums are for discussing technology topics in the Church and some clerk topics. Each forum has a description as to what topics are appropriate for that forum. The MLS Support, Help, and Feedback for is for "Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program."

Since MLS has never had a capability to e-mail members russellhltn pointed out that any discussions about e-mailing membership is not a topic of discussion in the MLS Support, Help, and Feedback forum. The options to e-mail members, members of a stake or ward organization, or some other group of members is best discussed in the forum dedicated to those tools found on LDS.org.

The online Directory has e-mail capabilities for members, oranization leadership, and the membership of some organizations. Discussions about e-mail capabilities for members, households, leaders, organization leaders, and members of certain organizations can be discussed in the Directory forum.

The tools found in Leader and Clerk Resources on LDS.org, for those with the callings and permissions needed to access those tools, have additional e-mail groups for sending messages. Your calling will determine what e-mail groups you will have available to you. It is these e-mail groups that russellhltn was referring. The bishop and ward clerk, I believe but am not certain, have an e-mail list for the ward council. Dissions about those unique e-mail groups should be discussed in the Leader and Clerk Resources forum.

Those holding a calling with access to Leader and Clerk Resources will have those tools listed in the Tools menu on LDS.org - the same menu that has the Directory, Calendar, Lesson Schedules, and others. Members without access to these tools will not see those tools listed in the Tools menu. Information and help about those tools is available by going to the tools and clicking the help for the tool.

The general membership without access to Leader and Clerk Resources are limited to the e-mail groups and lists provided in the LDS.org Directory.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
roskelleycj

Post by roskelleycj »

Thanks! I found the right forum to post my question in.

It is still confusing how the products are organized. As a clerk, I don't see the difference, especially since the data appears to be the same in both systems. So I don't expect that I have to post feeback or support questions to different forums because they are different products.

Again, thanks for helping me out.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”