Moved Wards, old Calendar still showing

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
mrcolj

Moved Wards, old Calendar still showing

Post by mrcolj »

I moved wards a month ago, and my old ward's calendar is still showing. I've unsubscribed, generated a new URL, and resubscribed, and the same thing is still happening. Any advice? I've been sync'ing to my iPad, Google Calendar, and iCal for over a year now and love it, but this one just isn't happening yet...

Thanks in advance!
Gary_Miller

Re: Moved Wards, old Calendar still showing

Post by Gary_Miller »

First you need to make sure your records are in your new ward.

Second, you need to go into and subscribe to you new wards calendar layers. Simply checking and unchecking the boxes on the main calendar menu will not do this. You have to do it in Settings/Subscriptions.
mrcolj

Post by mrcolj »

It's working now. When I went in, the subscriptions were already correct and it was showing the correct ward on my calendar. I then went into my google calendar in another tab, because that was the quickest one to get to, and unsubscribed from the existing calendar; generated a new URL in lds.org; and re-subscribed in google. Anyway, so something was indeed wrong, but it's been fixed with a fresh install.

Thanks.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mrcolj wrote:It's working now. When I went in, the subscriptions were already correct and it was showing the correct ward on my calendar.
It was the act of going to the Subscriptions page that fixed it. The Calendar system apparently needs a trigger to check to see if you are in a new ward, and visiting the Subscriptions page is that trigger. Once the Calendar figures out that you are in a new ward, it resets the list of calendars available for subscription based on your new ward/stake.

Return to “Calendar”