Cannot delete highlight

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
marwoodmstout

Cannot delete highlight

Post by marwoodmstout »

Unless I am mistaken, I cannot figure out any way to delete or UN-highlight a scripture or paragraph in the new 3.0 version on an ipad or iPhone.. I could do it ok on the 2.5 version, which I continue to use. Actually in 2.5, only single verses or paragraphs can be unhighlighted. If I had highlighted and tagged consecutive verses, the remove button won't work either. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Nelljepp

Re: Cannot delete highlight

Post by Nelljepp »

I am having this problem also. Hopefully, they are either working on a solution or someone can post a solution.
chinner2003

Post by chinner2003 »

I had to log into version 2.5 and removed the highlights from there and run a sync. Then went back to 3.0 and it was gone. Bit of a pain but its a work around until they fix 3.0
arlenesullivan

Post by arlenesullivan »

I have the same problem but I am a new user and don't have a previous version to go back to. Any other fixes for this yet?
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

marwoodmstout wrote:Unless I am mistaken, I cannot figure out any way to delete or UN-highlight a scripture or paragraph in the new 3.0 version on an ipad or iPhone..
This happen even in Android 2.1 with LDS Library!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

marianomarini wrote:
marwoodmstout wrote:Unless I am mistaken, I cannot figure out any way to delete or UN-highlight a scripture or paragraph in the new 3.0 version on an ipad or iPhone..
This happen even in Android 2.1 with LDS Library!
I'm using Android GL 2.5, and it's easy to delete a highlight. I just tap the highlight icon in the right margin, then tap the trash can to delete. It's been a while since I used 2.1, but I'm pretty sure it was the same procedure back then.

I don't want to sidetrack this discussion onto Android issues, but it's probably helpful to note that this seems to be a problem with GL 3.0 for iOS, not for other versions or platforms.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

aebrown wrote:It's been a while since I used 2.1, but I'm pretty sure it was the same procedure back then.
The fact is that, when I tap the icon in the right margin, a window appear saying that something went wrong and then go out from the page.
gonzalomoscoso

Post by gonzalomoscoso »

try this
clic in the center of the text, then the recycle icon
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

gzalomoscoso wrote:try this
clic in the center of the text, then the recycle icon
Tanks a lot. It works!
marwoodmstout

Post by marwoodmstout »

I was frustrated about this and had deleted the version 3.0 and went back to 2.5. After a couple of weeks I decided to try version 3.0 again. The problem seems to be fixed and I have been able to delete a highlight or tag by tapping the highlight verse and tapping the trash can in the pop up menu. I am even more delighted to see it will delete a multiple verse highlight, which was impossible in all prior versions.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”