iPhone IDK ideas

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
MickelsonBJ-p40

iPhone IDK ideas

Post by MickelsonBJ-p40 »

Are there any people who are thinking about downloading the iPhone SDK and producing LDS-targeted apps?
Josiah-p40

Post by Josiah-p40 »

While I don't usually speak up for others, I recently got a newsletter email from ReadScriptures.com that said that they are expecting to release a scripture reader for the iPhone/iTouch this June when the SDK is finally released.

They also mention this announcement on their website. ReadScriptures.com currently offers an online version of the scriptures for iPhone/iTouch.
MickelsonBJ-p40

Josiah

Post by MickelsonBJ-p40 »

Thanks for the info. I'm excited to see what people come up with!
michaeljensen-p40

iPhone Scriptures being developed

Post by michaeljensen-p40 »

Thanks for mentioning ReadScriptures.com, Josiah. Yes, we are developing the Scriptures for the iPhone and iPod Touch. You can sign up to be notified when it is released (in June when Apple releases the iPhone App store) by going here:

Downloadable Scriptures for iPhone and iPod Touch

We have lots of great features and a well designed interface that will make reading the scriptures enjoyable on the iPhone and iPod Touch. We will have lots of LDS content available like other scripture readers on other platforms. Please email any suggestions to [url=mailto:mdjensen@gmail.com]mdjensen@gmail.com[/url].

Thanks!
allredlt

Post by allredlt »

I plan on working on some sort of iPhone application for new FamilySearch, allowing searching and browsing, possibly editing.

I need to finish FSKit first.

Logan
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

I've also seen other media players using the Opera browser. Has anyone used NFS in Opera? One or more made by Archos does, and they make one with a 7" screen which is not one you can put in your pocket but is more web-friendly.
hhstuart

Post by hhstuart »

I'm in the process of porting Handy Scriptures to run on the iPhone. I'm also considering other LDS-themed applications as time allows.
jbh001

Hymns

Post by jbh001 »

Wow. Having an application that displayed hymns in the iPhone would be handy. Think pocket hymnal size. Think being able to switch from the English hymnal to Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, etc.

This would probably start out as nothing more than a special PDF document that would be viewable in the iPhone. But it would be a nice feature to have.

Then they could add the Primary Songbook. :)
danpass

PDF Sheet music for hymns and children's songs

Post by danpass »

jbh001 wrote:Wow. Having an application that displayed hymns in the iPhone would be handy. Think pocket hymnal size. Think being able to switch from the English hymnal to Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, etc.

This would probably start out as nothing more than a special PDF document that would be viewable in the iPhone. But it would be a nice feature to have.

Then they could add the Primary Songbook. :)
You can now download the sheet music for the entire hymn book and the Children's Songbook in zipped PDF files. The downloads are available for English, Spanish, Portuguese and French.

http://www.lds.org/cm/display/0,17631,7572-1,00.html
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

danpass wrote:You can now download the sheet music for the entire hymn book and the Children's Songbook in zipped PDF files. The downloads are available for English, Spanish, Portuguese and French.

http://www.lds.org/cm/display/0,17631,7572-1,00.html
Thanks for the link. I'm amazed the Church has published these works in PDF, as there are over a dozen works in the Hymn Book alone that are not allowed to be reproduced except with written permission by the copyright holder (which in these cases is NOT the LDS church.) I always thought a digital reproduction was as much of a violation of a copyright as a printed copy, but obviously the Church has somehow resolved this issue.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Other Member Technologies”