New feature request: Adding my own notes and cell phone numbers to the directory

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
zubeldia

New feature request: Adding my own notes and cell phone numbers to the directory

Post by zubeldia »

I would love to add notes and additional information to the entries in the ward and stake directory. Things like email addresses, cell phone numbers, and other personal comments.

Then, if the members moves away from the ward, instead of having these notes disappear, preserve them under a "no longer in the ward" or "old notes" location, so I can still keep in contact with them.

That would be wonderful. The only option I have now is to copy the directory information to my personal phone directory, but then that drives me away from using LDS Tools.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

zubeldia wrote:I would love to add notes and additional information to the entries in the ward and stake directory.
I think that is a good idea as long as the notes remain private and only available to you.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
marksauer

Re: New feature request: Adding my own notes and cell phone

Post by marksauer »

We also like the suggestion for adding notes to the membership file.
This info would only be made available to those with access to the detailed membership file.
Every time there is a leadership change we have go over the entire membership list updating and reacquainting ourselves with the less active. This process could be eliminated with the ability to input notes which would be carried over when there is a leadership change.
It would be a real time saver and allow to remain focused on those of the ward who have wandered and our attention.
kleinman

Post by kleinman »

Thats kind of like the "area book" that we had on our missions. At least on mine we had each family in the wards we covered and notes regarding them, each companionship would add to those notes updating the status of the family. It was interesting and helpful to look back over the notes from years prior and see the changes to the family. The downside to the notes is that if a new leader wanted to be lazy they could just look at a note that said "no contact" and move on without going out and seeing if the family had maybe changed thier mind about visits, etc.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I prefer the approach suggested by JD – that notes be tied to your own personal LDS Tools rather than the membership records of each member.

There is a benefit in talking about and reviewing who members are with new leaders – talking about things in conversation allows the spirit to prompt more easily, I think, rather than just reading notes written years before and making pre-judgements like what kleinman says about people marked as "no contact," for example.

Return to “Member Tools”