Release 2.2.1 on iPad removed access to Stake

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
retiredtech

Release 2.2.1 on iPad removed access to Stake

Post by retiredtech »

I am an assistant stake clerk and have been on version 2.1.3 of LDS Tools on my iPad. No problem getting into all the wards and stake information. Updated to 2.2.1 and I was removed from the stake authority. I can only get into my own ward. I removed 2.2.1 and went back to 2.1.3 and all is well. There is a problem with your update. I am staying on 2.1.3.
Comments?

Richard
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Release 2.2.1 on iPad removed access to Stake

Post by sbradshaw »

I'm also a stake assistant clerk but I am able to see the stake reports on the newest release version of LDS Tools... I have an iPhone 4.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

One difference is that retiredtech has another position in CDOL that might be causing LDS Tools some issues if they aren't handling that correctly.
digbads

Post by digbads »

I, too, an am assistant stake clerk, and I have the same access as before. Also I have ward leadership calling as well. I will explore this more.
digbads

Post by digbads »

I wonder if its possible that you are just not seeing how to change units. I know of one other person who thought they only had their ward, and didn't know that you could just click on the unit name on the title bar and select other units.
retiredtech

Post by retiredtech »

I am fully aware of the "units" button. I have been using it since tools was first released. There is no units button under 2.2.1. Where else am I shown as having a position? Remember tools works just fine under a back release.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Looking in CDOL, not in your stake, but in a camp. You probably have access to cdol.lds.org as well.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
retiredtech

Post by retiredtech »

As an assistant stake clerk I am the administrator for Camp Timberlane a multi stake recreational camp. My stake is the host stake. There are 2 listings for me on the stake presidency's group, one is for taking care of stake satellite, audio, video and network issues. The other is for this camp Timberlane. Again, Remember this worked fine on the back release! So if your new code checks on this situation, and I have 2 separate callings, then you need to take a look at that component to see if it can be altered.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The first step in troubleshooting is to figure out what's unique about the people having problems.

Other apps have had problems in dealing with multiple callings, so it's a logical starting point.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
retiredtech

Post by retiredtech »

Problem resolved! Since the "units" tab is no longer there you must first tap on the directory at the top center of the page. This then opens a drop down menu showing the rest of the wards and stake you have authority to view! So it appears there is not a problem with the new code only a change in the method of accessing the data.
This was made known by Sandy in Tools Support group.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”