Missionaries accessing assigned unit directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
Beefster

Missionaries accessing assigned unit directory

Post by Beefster »

Is it possible for missionaries to access the directories of their assigned units? If not, are there any plans for this feature to be added?

It's not particularly difficult to work through the clerk or ward mission leader, but it sure would be more convenient just to do it ourselves.
mevans

Re: Missionaries accessing assigned unit directory

Post by mevans »

At the moment, this is not possible. The church rarely provides us with any information about future features, so we don't know if it will be implemented.

My personal opinion is that it makes a lot of sense and it will happen some day, but how it happens I don't know: will missionaries log in to lds.org with LDS accounts and have a choice of their home unit or the one where they're serving? Or will there be a tablet missionary app that gives them access? It all depends on how the missionary department figures out how they want missionaries to work with technology. From what I've seen and heard they're more in the experimenting stage with technology and missionaries. Internet access isn't readily available everywhere in the world and that might impact some decisions.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

There was a nearly identical discussion in Granting calendar access to missionaries.

At this time, I'd suggest the WML print out the needed information to give to the missionaries.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jeffevannelson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jeffevannelson »

I can tell you this is something that should Be coming Soon*. Unless something changes that I dont know about.
mevans

Post by mevans »

jeffevannelson wrote:I can tell you this is something that should Be coming Soon*. Unless something changes that I dont know about.
That's exciting news to hear. I've been thinking I need to get more member pictures in the directory. Here's another good reason to do that.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”