Photos not enlarging....

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
zaneclark

Photos not enlarging....

Post by zaneclark »

Using Firefox, I could not get the photos in the directory to enlarge by clicking on them... I switched to Chrome and it works fine... I hope this is a temporary bug.....
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Photos not enlarging....

Post by aebrown »

zaneclark wrote:Using Firefox, I could not get the photos in the directory to enlarge by clicking on them... I switched to Chrome and it works fine... I hope this is a temporary bug.....
Using Firefox 23.0.1 on Windows7, I had no problems. Clicking on a photo in the Photos section (household photos) popped up the full-size photo for every image I clicked on.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I get mixed results in Firefox. Sometimes photos enlarge and other times nothing happens. I am running 23.0 on Ubuntu and 23.0.1 on Windows XP. Today the photos in the Photos section are enlarging but the photos in households are doing nothing.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mevans

Post by mevans »

I could not get photos to enlarge (household or individual) on Firefox Mac (21.0 and 23.0.1)

Chrome and Safari on a Mac work fine for me.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mevans wrote:I could not get photos to enlarge (household or individual) on Firefox Mac (21.0 and 23.0.1)
Are you trying this from the Photos area or the Households area? For me, it is totally consistent using Firefox -- all photos in the Photos area enlarge, but no photos in the Households area will enlarge. But using Chrome, the photos in the Households area do enlarge.

It has worked this way for some time, but not forever (see, for example, this post which mentions photos enlarging in the Households section under Firefox last year).
mevans

Post by mevans »

I was trying from the Households area in my above post. I just tried it on Windows and it doesn't work in Households for me there, either. However, when I go to the Photos area in Firefox Win, I can click on it and it enlarges. I'll have to try the Photos area on Firefox Mac later and see if it works there.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”