Seminary and Institute schedules

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Seminary and Institute schedules

Post by sbradshaw »

Has anyone heard whether future versions of Lesson Schedules will include capabilities for Seminary and/or Institute schedules (which aren't just on Sunday)? This would be very useful, but I couldn't find a feedback link...
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Seminary and Institute schedules

Post by aebrown »

sbradshaw wrote:This would be very useful, but I couldn't find a feedback link...
You can always use the main Feedback link on LDS.org for any feedback, even for a page (such as Lesson Schedules) that doesn't have a feedback link.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:Has anyone heard whether future versions of Lesson Schedules will include capabilities for Seminary and/or Institute schedules (which aren't just on Sunday)? This would be very useful, but I couldn't find a feedback link...
Currently it only supports wards. It would have to be changed to support other units.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

russellhltn wrote:
sbradshaw wrote:Has anyone heard whether future versions of Lesson Schedules will include capabilities for Seminary and/or Institute schedules (which aren't just on Sunday)? This would be very useful, but I couldn't find a feedback link...
Currently it only supports wards. It would have to be changed to support other units.
It might need some changes to support other units. Right now, Lesson Schedules has a philosophy of a calendar year, not an academic year. Not all academic institutions have a term break with the year change and Lesson Schedules doesn't support a class going across the calendar year boundary (and there are several Sunday School classes that aren't constrained to the calendar year boundary). You have to re-create a class in the new calendar year.

I would think that CES would need to sponsor this, so you might want to talk to CES people (I don't know if you're a student or teacher). I don't know if there's currently any kind of institute student portal. If not, they probably need to develop that concept, too.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mevans wrote:I would think that CES would need to sponsor this, so you might want to talk to CES people (I don't know if you're a student or teacher). I don't know if there's currently any kind of institute student portal. If not, they probably need to develop that concept, too.
Seems to me that it would have to end up being in a CES unit, not a "ward" one. But it would be nice if it was assessable to the member in the same tool and not force them to log into a different website.

But that's a big infrastructure change.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

From what I understand, Seminary is usually organized on the stake level... I don't know much about CES units. It may be different in the "Book of Mormon Belt" (Idaho, Utah, Arizona) where you can take Seminary as a high school class (I don't know too much about how that works either).
mevans

Post by mevans »

Although the stake may organize it, I believe CES is the program sponsor (I don't know church lingo, so this is my own). I would think they would have to be the ones requesting Lesson Schedules for their classes, regardless of who's teaching them.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:From what I understand, Seminary is usually organized on the stake level... I don't know much about CES units.
From another thread, it was pointed out that Seminary boundaries doesn't correspond to stake boundaries. So I think the logical way to do this would be to make the person a member of a CES/Seminary unit. Given that LS doesn't even support stakes at this point, I think that's a ways off.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”