Household Name: Name Unknown

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
drepouille

Household Name: Name Unknown

Post by drepouille »

This is truly bizarre. A couple weeks ago, I did a membership refresh on the stake MLS for one ward because a sister's record had somehow disappeared from the stake MLS, but was in the ward MLS. OK, that worked fine.

Today I did an export from the stake MLS of households, creating a PalmFamily.csv file. When I sorted that file by unit abbreviation, I found 13 active, married sisters without a unit and without a family. When I bring up their individual records in the stake MLS, each one says: Household Name: Name Unknown. They are each listed as Head of Household, even though they all have active husbands, and their children are all attached to their husband's record.

None of these families are members of the ward I requested a membership refresh for a couple weeks ago.
Maybe I will have to refresh all the records in the stake?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Household Name: Name Unknown

Post by lajackson »

drepouille wrote:Maybe I will have to refresh all the records in the stake?
I would start with that. It sounds as if the database is having problems.

We used to backup the database and then restore it, which caused all of the links and pointers to reestablish themselves. But I do not believe that works any longer since the database format was changed a couple of major revisions ago.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I requested another refresh, this time from another single ward. The "single" sister in that ward now appears in the correct unit, but she still is orphaned from her family. So there is a little progress. At least the unit abbreviation got fixed, but not the grouping with her family.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Ahhh! After requesting a full membership refresh, it looks like all my corrupted membership records got fixed. What a relief!

It's scary how they can get messed up like that.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Wow. There appears to be a strong correlation between the corrupted records in the stake MLS and the Payee records I recently tried to merge to get rid of duplicates. Do you suppose merging Payee records could remove members from their families and their units in the stake MLS?

Very weird stuff.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote:Do you suppose merging Payee records could remove members from their families and their units in the stake MLS?
Interesting. I could see that happening only if you merged the membership record into a "payee" record that had no connection to a member. I'd still consider that a bug, but at least it's a bug with some logic as to how it came to be.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”