Not available in the App Store?

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
allenjblodgett

Not available in the App Store?

Post by allenjblodgett »

A friend of mine told me that she couldn't find the LDS tools app in the Apple app store. At first I wanted to say she was stupid and wasn't doing it right, but to save that embarrassment, I searched for it and to my surprise it's not there. Was it taken down do to bugs or something?

[Moderator note: This post was moved to a topic discussing the same subject.]
gbrooksby

LDS Tools missing from App Store?

Post by gbrooksby »

Today I updated my LDS Tools app on my 4th gen. iPod Touch. The app updated without a problem. I noticed that information I was used to seeing as a stake leader was now missing. I read in the help feature that this information might be in the "membership information" screen. However, I couldn't find that screen. I decided to delete the app and re-install. I deleted the app, then went to the app store to re-install. To my surprise, the search function does not show the LDS Tools app. Searching on "LDS" I get the gospel library (v2.5 & 3), the hymns, etc. but no LDS Tools.

Before deleting the app, I had noticed that the app splash screen when starting did not say "LDS Tools". It only had the name of the church. Has this app been renamed? Is there some trick to finding it in the app store now?
Biggles

Re: LDS Tools missing from App Store?

Post by Biggles »

I think that v2.2.0 is due for imminent release, but why the previous v2.1.3 has been pulled is any ones guess!

Unless at the very last moment a major bug presented itself, in which case v2.1.3 might be reinstated.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Not available in the App Store?

Post by russellhltn »

Received via email:
iOS LDS Tools 2.2.0 was approved by the app store and went live briefly on Wednesday morning. We quickly discovered two issues (the app was extensively tested before the release but unfortunately, these issues only manifested themselves in the app store version of the app) where custom lists were being lost and leaders were losing access to their leader data upon upgrading so we pulled it from the app store. We fixed what we believe caused the issues yesterday and resubmitted a new version, iOS 2.2.1 to the app store. It is currently waiting on app store approval.

Until it is approved, which we hope will be by Monday or Tuesday of next week, the LDS Tools app will not be available in the app store. I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Not available in the App Store?

Post by russellhltn »

2.2.1 has been released.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”