Officers Sustained

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
drepouille

Officers Sustained

Post by drepouille »

Apologies if this has been noted elsewhere.

I have noticed that MLS uses full names for the Officers Sustained report, whereas the web site uses preferred names. This was noted when I asked stake council members to review the report I had captured from the web site.
https://www.lds.org/mls/mbr/form/office ... d?lang=eng

In my opinion, neither full names nor preferred names are appropriate for this report. However, there is no way in MLS to capture each member's preference for a formal name. Some prefer "John Q. Doe" while others prefer "J. Quincy Doe".

There no perfectly automated solution, so we will probably always have to manually edit this report.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
jeromer7

Re: Officers Sustained

Post by jeromer7 »

Yep, been that way for a long time. I always edit the stake conference list to follow your suggested format. I urge unit clerks to do the same for ward/branch conference, but most just print it with the full names MLS plugs in.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

The officers sustained form says that a member of the stake presidency or an assigned high councilor is to present the full names of officers for sustaining.

So, we use the full names.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

This came up when I was Ward Clerk. My suggestion to the Bishop was to follow the example in General Conference. The question never came up again...

Return to “Reports and Forms”