Home Teaching Data not getting to Stake MLS

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
veehb

Home Teaching Data not getting to Stake MLS

Post by veehb »

As stake executive secretary, I collect MLS home teaching and visiting teaching monthly reports in MLS and create reports for the stake presidency each month. Several times now a ward elders quorum president has entered home teaching data into the ward MLS, saved it and sent it using a "send/receive". Several times now the report has not been received by our stake MLS. I check several days in a row and that report is still missing. When the elders president goes back into the ward MLS, the report is there. He does another "send/receive" and usually that results in the report arriving in the stake MLS. It looks like the ward's "send/receive" isn't transmitting the report. He is getting tired of re-sending the report.

Have other units reported this problem? What can we do to help trouble shoot this problem?

Thanks,
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Home Teaching Data not getting to Stake MLS

Post by scgallafent »

veehb wrote:Have other units reported this problem? What can we do to help trouble shoot this problem?
We have a report of issues related to visits to unassigned households that we're working on, but this sounds like something different. I'll send you email.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

A couple of questions:

You might want to verify exactly what's being done. In MLS there's a function: File > Send Membership Data to Stake. But I don't think that's going to do anything until an actual send/receive.

The other question is who is doing the send/receive? I wouldn't expect the EQ Pres to have MLS Admin privileges. I'm wondering if it's a clerk with higher privileges doing a send/receive that "fixes" the problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

I just tested by logging in as an elders quorum president, updating home teaching stats, and doing a send and receive. An update file is sent to the stake at that point.

I also tested by logging in as an elders quorum president, updating home teaching stats, logging out, logging in as a ward clerk, and doing a send and receive. That also generates an update file.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

The stake has to do at least one Send/Receive, too. And it has to take place after the big computers have processed the ward information.

In this case, that may still be overnight, but I do not know for certain.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

The stake update is ready immediately after the ward send/receive completes.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

scgallafent wrote:The stake update is ready immediately after the ward send/receive completes.
Ah, progress. It gets better every day. Thanks for the update.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”