Ward unit number

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
opawix

Ward unit number

Post by opawix »

Bro where do i find directories of ward unit number? i need to transfer records. thanks a lot. :D
eblood66

Re: Ward unit number

Post by eblood66 »

opawix wrote:Bro where do i find directories of ward unit number? i need to transfer records. thanks a lot. :D
You can look up information about other units (including the unit number) in CDOL at https://cdol.lds.org. However, generally you do not need (or even want) to provide a unit number or name when transferring records. It's better to leave the unit information blank and just provide the new address. CHQ will choose the correct unit based on the address. That's usually more reliable than looking up the correct unit yourself.

The exception is for YSA or other specialty wards. In that case you do need to include the unit name and it's good to include the unit number.

Another alternative is to use the Move Records Out menu option on https://clerks.lds.org. On the Clerk Resources website you enter the address and then it gives you a list of all wards (including specialty wards) which could apply to that address. You can then select the correct ward from the list. There isn't any need to look up the unit number or name yourself.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:The exception is for YSA or other specialty wards.
Right. Unless you're moving them to a singles, language or other specialty ward, just leave the ward information blank when moving them out.

But it wouldn't be a bad idea to verify and make sure that you've formatted the address correctly.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
opawix

Post by opawix »

Thanks bro. sorry i just don't recognize that.
cydneepeterson

Post by cydneepeterson »

I am trying to find our ward unit number so family can make donations to our twins missionary fund. How do I do it?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

One way is to ask your ward clerk.

One other way is to go into online donations and look at your donation history. If you click on a specific donation it will bring up the yellow slip for that donation and underneath your ward it will have the unit number.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

cydneepeterson wrote:I am trying to find our ward unit number so family can make donations to our twins missionary fund. How do I do it?
The easiest way is probably to ask your ward clerk, but there are a few other ways:

1. If you have a copy of your IOS (sometimes called a "Membership Record") it should be listed after the ward name (toward the bottom).
2. If you go to maps.lds.org and are logged in, choose "My Ward and Stake" from the drop-down menu. The ward number is listed after the ward name.
3. (I just found this one.) It is listed in the donation tool itself, under "Settings", so _this_ is probably the easiest way to get it. :)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

cydneepeterson wrote:I am trying to find our ward unit number so family can make donations to our twins missionary fund. How do I do it?
Please note that you will not be able to see the status of the missionary fund. All you'll be able to see is how much you've donated. (You won't even be able to see what your spouse has donated.)

So either you'll have to coordinate with family, or periodically ask the financial clerk for the balance so you'll know about the current status.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kbraithwaite1

Post by kbraithwaite1 »

Rigby 4th Ward
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

kbraithwaite1 wrote:Rigby 4th Ward
The post that is two before yours gives several ways to obtain a ward unit number.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”