Our address keeps getting switched with our neighbors

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
ClorindaM

Our address keeps getting switched with our neighbors

Post by ClorindaM »

When we moved in to this apartment, our upstairs neighbors showed up in the directory with our address. They kept getting the clerk to fix it but it would switch right back again the next day. When our records were moved, our address showed correctly for about 2-3 months. Now, today, I got my visiting teaching delivered to the wrong address. I guess the computer system decided that if it couldn't fix theirs, ours should be swapped for theirs. How does this get resolved? We had no problems until this month.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Our address keeps getting switched with our neighbors

Post by russellhltn »

The ward membership clerk will have to figure this one out. Since this is the first report I've heard of this kind, I'm suspecting that someone with edit rights to MLS has you confused with someone else and keeps "correcting" your address.

The clerk will have to track down where the changes are coming from.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

russellhltn wrote:The clerk will have to track down where the changes are coming from.
And this can be done by paying attention to the membership information change reports that MLS asks to be printed during a send/receive. While the report does not indicate who made the change, it does indicate if it is done online or through MLS and when the change was processed.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
ClorindaM

Post by ClorindaM »

That makes sense to a degree. We'll pursue that. It is funny that our neighbors had so many issues that are still ongoing despite having the clerk correct it over and over. We were fine for three months and then got caught up in it. So have them check the change reports. OK.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”