"Other" location missing from email notification

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
kploosli

"Other" location missing from email notification

Post by kploosli »

I set up an event at an "Other" location: a scout service project at a local elementary school. I entered the name and address of the school where is says "Fill in the location below", but it was not included on the email notification that was sent. Is this always the case if the location is "other"? Now I've got people calling and emailing for more info, and I'll have to send a follow up note. Not a huge problem, but curious whether this was the design intent, an oversight, or a bug.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: "Other" location missing from email notification

Post by sbradshaw »

I've noticed that "Other" locations on the LDS.org calendar don't get synced to external calendars either (like Google Calendar, Mac/iOS Calendar, etc. Neither do the specific rooms within a defined location. I wonder if it's related.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

One more thing I noticed is that when you click to "View event details & Location" in the popup box when you click on an event, the other location is not listed. Yet it does in the box that pops up when you click on the event.
darcher

Post by darcher »

I recently made a couple of calendar entries, the notification for which did not include the location field that I populated. It would be very handy to have the location field included in the e-mail notification. Thank you

Dan
DMuir

Post by DMuir »

Having the "Other location" sent in the e-mail would be nice. For additional "promotion" of the event, I would suggest using the Description field to include Location, and Phone number of the person in charge of the event.

This way, those who hover their mouse over the event, can see most everything without having to click and open the event window.

Also it would be nice if the "Event Name" that appears (Pops) with the mouse hovering over the the name of the event, should not cover the "Description" box that appears (Pops) when the mouse is hovering over the "time" bar just above the event name. It makes it difficult to actual read the description box.
mawhiteley

Post by mawhiteley »

This still appears to be a problem.

For example, when I create calendar events for YM BB games in other buildings, I have to utilize the "other" location entry because I'm not reserving resources in the other team's building. But the email notification does *NOT* include the "other" location. This seems like an oversight.

As a workaround, I'm forced to include the "other" location in the event title.

Anyone have a status of this?

Thanks.

Return to “Calendar”