Highlighting text only works sporadically

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
gkm_aka37pop

Highlighting text only works sporadically

Post by gkm_aka37pop »

With version 2.5, version 3 and the new version 3 update I have difficulty invoking the highlight text feature. When I press and hold on a paragraph I can select text and expand the window to cover several sentences and then select the text color. Then I try again on a separate sentence or paragraph and the only option that appears is the little right pointing arrow which, when tapped, allows you to copy, mail, etc. Support is non existent. Out of 5 submissions I received 5 automated replies that my submission had been accepted but I only received one actual reply telling me how easy it is to select text and instructing me to tap and then expand the window. Tapping doesn't work, I have to press and hold for two seconds.

Frustrating to prepare a Primary lesson and can't highlight text I need. Other replies in this forum indicate that you press and hold to select text which is what I am doing, but why do I continually get the right facing arrow and not the complete window that allows me to highlight text with color? Am I missing something obvious.
lavaca

Re: Highlighting text only works sporadically

Post by lavaca »

Did you ever get an answer to your question? Seems like a fairly common bug. Especially bad when reading manuals as say opposed to the scriptures.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

From what I understand, the content has to be manually prepared to allow highlighting. Preparing the content is time-consuming, just like adding page numbers, which also isn't complete in all the manuals. Unfortunately, they haven't opened it up for volunteers to help format the content so it's only their limited number of employees and service missionaries working hard and trying to prioritize...

If you know anything about HTML or coding, if I understand correctly how it works, basically they have to put a <span> tag around every word in the content, so they can assign a class to that span with "background-image: url(...);" or "background-color: #...;" (v. 2.5) or "text-decoration: underline;"
gkm_aka37pop

Post by gkm_aka37pop »

Lavaca....the only response I received was that it was a known issue that would be addressed when the new version was released in several weeks. (That was 6-7 weeks ago). The new release did come out but the problem persists.

SBradshaw...........thanks for your response and I believe you are correct in your assumption. Wish someone it support would have said the same thing.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”