callings appear twice on LDS.Org

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
rich

callings appear twice on LDS.Org

Post by rich »

Apologies if there is a thread for this. I checked and couldn't find one.

Here is the bug report:
* (Unit #46299 - https://www.lds.org/directory/#) <=> [Ward Leaders]<=>[Young Women], the President and 2nd Counselor appear twice.
* I tried removing the YW presidency in MLS, sync'd that to CHQ and looked in https://www.lds.org/directory/#, a single instance of the President and 2nd counselor still remained (the YW presidency should have been empty)
* I re-input the YW Presidency. The President and 2nd Counselor were duplicated again.
* MLS and Ward Tools for Android the leader listings for the YW presidency appear once, as they should
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: callings appear twice on LDS.Org

Post by jdlessley »

Follow the Correcting duplicate or missing callings procedure. This will involve doing a Unit data refresh and pulling CDOL data into MLS. Once the CDOL data is in MLS you will be able to remove the duplicates.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

From what I've seen with MLS 3.6 you have to remove the calling that you have in MLS and then request the Unit data refresh. That will bring down (on another send/receive) the remaining calling from CDOL. Then you should be in sync and have only one matching calling in MLS and CDOL.
rich

Post by rich »

Thanks JonesRK & jdlessly, that worked...

* remove the duplicated callings (the whole line)
* sync
* [File][Request Unit Refresh Data...]
* sync, wait a couple minutes (to get the unit refresh)
* sync
* ...and walla, the YW org displays the leaders as a single entry on all 3 GUIs - MLS, LUD and a fresh sync of 'LDS Tools'

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”