Can't update contact info on lds.org

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
HansG

Can't update contact info on lds.org

Post by HansG »

Hi,
I'm trying to upload a new phone number for a member on lds.org, under "Clerk Resources - Member Information"
When I enter the number and click on "Save," I get the following:
Please correct the following errors:
-Sorry, something went wrong loading the requested data. Try refreshing the page, or try again later.

Has anyone else run into this? I tried it in Chrome and IE, to see if if was a browser issue, it errors in both.
Not sure this is the best subforum, it was as close as I could find.
Thanks.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Can't update contact info on lds.org

Post by aebrown »

hansg wrote:Not sure this is the best subforum, it was as close as I could find.
I moved this to the forum specifically designated for Leader and Clerk Resources.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

hansg wrote:Hi,
I'm trying to upload a new phone number for a member on lds.org, under "Clerk Resources - Member Information"
When I enter the number and click on "Save," I get the following:
Please correct the following errors:
-Sorry, something went wrong loading the requested data. Try refreshing the page, or try again later.

Has anyone else run into this? I tried it in Chrome and IE, to see if if was a browser issue, it errors in both.
Not sure this is the best subforum, it was as close as I could find.
Thanks.
I have had this happen once. I was editing information and needed to go to maps.lds.org in another tab and when I came back to finish I got this error. I realized that when I went to the maps I used the http protocol and that caused me to be logged out. I logged back in and tried again and it worked.

If you tried to update more than once then that's probably not your problem but I thought I'd mention it just in case.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

hansg wrote:Hi,
Since it isn't working in Clerk Resources you could try it in the Directory. If you are a clerk or bishopric member (which you would have to be to have access to edit it in Clerk Resources) you should have rights to edit phone numbers via the Directory as well.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Was there a special character in the phone number, such as a plus sign, parenthesis, a dash instead of a hyphen, or something else? Usually form inputs are smart enough for those these days, but it could be the problem...
forhire

Post by forhire »

I'm getting the same error when attempting to update address and phone information via
Clerk Resources - Member Information. I've tried both IE and Firefox. Even clicking save without changes generates the error. No special characters in any fields.

I can update the phone number in the directory as suggested. In the case today I needed to update an address.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”