Calendar help & video tutorials in SPANISH

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
eramon

Calendar help & video tutorials in SPANISH

Post by eramon »

Hello! I am from Uruguay, San Jose ward clerk.
I am persuading our members to get in use their LDS account and i thought "calendar" would be a great idea to start.

It would be very helpful if videos, tutorial and help, are also in spanish language.
I know that more members all around the world who are spanish speakers, will start using calendar and its functions when they know how to use it.

Meanwhile... i will be trying to teach them by translating videos manually.

Sorry for my bad english :D
mevans

Re: Calendar help & video tutorials in SPANISH

Post by mevans »

eramon wrote:I am persuading our members to get in use their LDS account and i thought "calendar" would be a great idea to start.
In my opinion, the calendar may not be a good place to start for getting members to use their LDS Account. It would be much easier to get them started with other features, such as the Directory, Newsletter, and Lesson Schedules. You need to do understand, plan, and prepare with various people to use the Calendar effectively. It might be easier to start with a small group and learn to use it. This forum where you put your message is the best place in the world to learn how to use the Calendar.

De mi opinion, el calendario no es un buen lugar para comenzar es uso del LDS Account. Seria mas facil usar otras herramientas, como el Directorio, Calendario de lecciones, y el Boletin. Es necesario endender, planear, y preparar con otras personas para user bien el Calendario. Y como no hay un manual en espanol, es aun mas dificil. Quizas seria mas facil usar el calendario con un grupo pequeno primero para que aprenden como usarlo. Este forum donde puso su mensaje es el mejor lugar del mundo para aprender como usar el Calendario.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mevans wrote:In my opinion, the calendar may not be a good place to start for getting members to use their LDS Account. It would be much easier to get them started with other features, such as the Directory, Newsletter, and Lesson Schedules. You need to do understand, plan, and prepare with various people to use the Calendar effectively.
That is true for the leadership. If the leaders are using the calendar effectively, then I think it's easy for the members to make use of it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eramon

Post by eramon »

Thanks for your opinions and suggestions.
I think that directory, newsletter and lesson schedules are great resources too.
What i want to do, is just publish ward activities, baptisms, meetings, etc. so they can only check what is going on that week/month.

When they get used to calendars, then i teach them (presidents and counselors) to administrate it.

By the way, it would be a great help if there are tutorials in other languages, not only in english.

Thanks for reading :)
mevans

Post by mevans »

eramon wrote: By the way, it would be a great help if there are tutorials in other languages, not only in english.
The writing staff was impacted by layoffs/redundancies late last year. Even the English documentation is out of date now. We don't know how the church is going to proceed with creating documentation. I imagine that at some point the church will provide documentation in other languages.

You can always submit feedback through the feedback link that you'd like to see the online tools documentation in languages other than English.

Return to “Calendar”