Hastening the Work of Salvation

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Hastening the Work of Salvation

Post by lajackson »

In preparing for training tomorrow, I was planning to use some of the video resources at LDS.org in the Hastening the Work of Salvation area.

Alas, all I can rustle up is:
The page isn't redirecting properly
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

The problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.
I have cookies wide open.
WinXP tried FF 22.0 and 23.0

The link is trying to take me to
"www.lds.org/?lang-eng#media=(a 20-character numeric string)-eng"

When I type the URL into another browser, I am taken to the LDS.org home page and the circle starts again.

Any suggestions while I redo my training for tomorrow?

Thanks.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Hastening the Work of Salvation

Post by aebrown »

So to be clear, you're going to LDS.org, then choosing Resources > Missionary > Hastening the Work of Salvation, which takes you to the Hastening the Work of Salvation home page. Correct? (It doesn't matter how you got there, but let's make sure you do arrive on that very page.)

On that page, the primary video is titled "We Are One", and it has a Download link in the upper right corner of the video. When I click that link in Firefox 22, I get the expected download options, and I just clicked on the Small (360p) link and downloaded the .mp4 file with no problems. For the other two videos ("My Work and My Glory" and "Let Your Light So Shine"), clicking on the video brings up a popup, which has a download link, which also works as expected.

I tried a couple of videos on the other tabs (such as Priesthood Leaders) and they worked fine, too.

Could you explain what you are clicking on when you get that redirect error message?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Hastening the Work of Salvation

Post by lajackson »

aebrown wrote:Could you explain what you are clicking on when you get that redirect error message?
I was clicking on the LDS.org home page links. This evening they are working fine. Last evening they were providing a redirect error message.
Hastening the Work of Salvation home page. Correct? (It doesn't matter how you got there, but let's make sure you do arrive on that very page.)
After I saw I could not get there because of the redirect errors, I did drill down through other links and found this exact page.
On that page, the primary video is titled "We Are One", and it has a Download link in the upper right corner of the video.
The page was exactly as you describe. However, the Download link for "We Are One" did not provide a download option. In the dropdown box, the Download Help link was active and returned a message that the video was not available for download. The "Download Video Small (360p) Medium (720p) Large (1080p)" text was present, but they were not links. They were simple text.
For the other two videos ("My Work and My Glory" and "Let Your Light So Shine"), clicking on the video brings up a popup, which has a download link, which also works as expected.
These worked exactly as they should, and I was able to download these two videos last evening and use them today.

Our stake president came in to the meeting this morning with "We Are One" on a flash drive. We were able to show it in leadership meetings today. I asked him how he got it, since I could not. About an hour before I was trying to download it last evening, he downloaded it from the same site without any problem.

It was quite late last evening when I got the video not available message several times, so I gave up and went to bed. Our meetings were starting this morning just as you posted your message.

My backup plan was to just go to the Hastening the Work site and run the missing video from there, but the Internet was down at the stake offices this morning, so that would not have worked. But as I said, our inspired stake president had the video I did not have on his flash drive. He said he downloaded it "just to see how difficult it would be."

We have had some wonderful leadership meetings today.

Return to “Main Church Website”