Numbers or Letters for Marking

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
smedsribaka

Numbers or Letters for Marking

Post by smedsribaka »

I absolutely LOVE the new Gospel Library v.3 and want to thank all those who worked so hard on this program. What a blessing. Now I can have almost everything there is written from the church on my iPad or Phone wherever I go. Thanks again!

I do have 1 small suggestions for the next version.

Can you make it possible for us to put a Letter or a Number so we can mark things in sequence or show Chiasmus' that we find, or list things in order? See the attachment showing John Welch's first Chiasmus he found in Mosiah 5:10-12. I find them all the time and would like to more easily mark them.
An example of how we could easily show lists or chiasmus in the scriptures.
An example of how we could easily show lists or chiasmus in the scriptures.
CHIASMUS.jpg (277.01 KiB) Viewed 1179 times
Although the above example is not exactly what I see is needed (the numbers are too big and it was from a simple program I have) it does give the basic idea. I love being able to put in all the notes I want now in the margins but it would be nice to have more graphical control over my marking if that is possible. I hope this is not too hard to program and if so, I will still love the new app just the same.

Thanks again for all your hard work!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Numbers or Letters for Marking

Post by sbradshaw »

A possible way to mark things like this would be to take advantage of all the different colors (highlight and underline, too) to mark the passage. For example, mark the 6s as red, the 5s as orange, the 4s as yellow, and so on. Or, you could pull this into your study journal/notebook and format it even more exactly...

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”