There is now an official app

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

EricBowman

There is now an official app

Post by EricBowman »

There is now an official app in the store.
MSPatricio

Re: Any efforts for Windows 8 applications?

Post by MSPatricio »

Great News! Great App!

Is it ask too much for a BR Portuguese translation like Windows Phone App?

Would be great to have Sync with my WP marks too.
pbarnsley

Post by pbarnsley »

Sooooo many bugs, no updates, no magazines beyond may 2013. Pretty awful navigation. What is going on? Give me the source code, I will fix it faster than this!
jaycenornin

Post by jaycenornin »

pbarnsley wrote:Sooooo many bugs, no updates, no magazines beyond may 2013. Pretty awful navigation. What is going on? Give me the source code, I will fix it faster than this!
Word. I'd write my own app, but apparently the church isn't giving out access to their database API right now either. And I'm not keen on the maintenance required to add new content manually and push updates.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Moderator note

Post by jdlessley »

[Moderator note: This thread was split from the Any efforts for Windows 8 applications? because the topics are different. The previous thread discusses the lack of Windows 8 applications in the Mobile Development forum while this thread discusses the Gospel Library app for Windows 8. Please follow the Code of Conduct which states, "Do not start a new topic in an existing thread; instead start a new thread." The first post of this thread was the logical start for this thread even though it remained on topic of the other thread.]
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
ToManyLetters

Re: There is now an official app

Post by ToManyLetters »

Sooooo many bugs, no updates, no magazines beyond may 2013. Pretty awful navigation. What is going on? Give me the source code, I will fix it faster than this!
I've noticed many of the bugs. A combination of e-mailing the developers and posting here on the forums has literally yielded zero results. My only thoughts as to why everything is taking so long is that maybe they are holding off for a massive update when Windows 8.1 hits in September.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
Bestdad09

Post by Bestdad09 »

I recently got a surface running windows 8 and downloaded the LDS app. Its is nice to have all the scriptures and magazines available. Is it possible to have more than 1 item open at a time? Example having open the following at the same time Scriptures, manual for Joseph Fielding Smith, Hymns, and maybe the first Presidents message.
joshuaworkman

Post by joshuaworkman »

Bestdad09 wrote:I recently got a surface running windows 8 and downloaded the LDS app. Its is nice to have all the scriptures and magazines available. Is it possible to have more than 1 item open at a time? Example having open the following at the same time Scriptures, manual for Joseph Fielding Smith, Hymns, and maybe the first Presidents message.
Nope, not yet. We will be seeing a major update in the next couple months, seeing significant changes. However, I don't believe that multiple things open at once is at the top of the list yet.
You can, however, navigate between passages fairly quickly by swiping up to pull up the menu and tapping the history button. All your recently viewed places will be listed there.
ByerJE

Post by ByerJE »

There is a Public Beta for the new rewrite version of the Gospel Library for Windows 8.1. It doesn't have the feature of opening two screens at the same time, but you can navigate to two places (even in different languages) and then use the Forward (>) and Back (<) buttons at the top to switch back and forth between two pages.

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”