Adding a Stake Calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
rgdlm

Adding a Stake Calendar

Post by rgdlm »

I have been trying to add a Stake calendar and when I finish all of the options and hit save I get an eternal spinner. It does not go away. If I refresh the screen it clears it out and the calendar is not saved. Must be a broken link somewhere. Anyone else having the problem?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Adding a Stake Calendar

Post by aebrown »

rgdlm wrote:Anyone else having the problem?
I just created a stake calendar with no problems at all, so it's not a universal problem.

I created both a private and a public calendar. It was interesting that the private calendar was created immediately (about 1 second) but for the public calendar I did get a spinner for perhaps 8-10 seconds before the calendar appeared in the list. So that limited test seems to indicate that it takes considerably longer to create a public calendar. But in any case, both calendars were created correctly.
rgdlm

Post by rgdlm »

I'm still getting the eternal spinner. Tried it from my PC, and from my iPad with the same result.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:It was interesting that the private calendar was created immediately (about 1 second) but for the public calendar I did get a spinner for perhaps 8-10 seconds before the calendar appeared in the list.
Is email notification created for private calendars? I'm wondering if there's something wrong with rgdlm's stake that's causing that step to fail.

rgdlm, what happens if you create a private calendar (as a test)? You can try to make it public later.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rgdlm

Post by rgdlm »

Private calendar works fine. Set up within a second or two. Still getting the eternal spinner on Public.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

rgdlm wrote:Private calendar works fine. Set up within a second or two. Still getting the eternal spinner on Public.
As a possible workaround, you might try creating a private calendar, saving it, and then changing it to a public calendar. I suppose there's some chance that might work, even though creating a public calendar directly doesn't seem to.
rgdlm

Post by rgdlm »

I tried the work around you suggested and it worked. Problem with creating it directly not solved but this will give me the ability to help our building scheduler with her calling. Thanks
RodBarnes

Post by RodBarnes »

Just confirming that I had this same issue and that the workaround also worked for me.

Return to “Calendar”