Creating a Class

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
randyhoffman

Creating a Class

Post by randyhoffman »

It would be nice if the site would allow me, as an Aaron Priesthood quorum adviser, to be able to add that class and lessons. It's odd to require me to make a phone call to an administrator (who probably doesn't know how to use the site) in order to get the course set-up, and then I'm not sure if that would give me edit rights.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Creating a Class

Post by jdlessley »

In addition to ward administrators, organization presidencies can add or edit classes for their organization but not add or edit events. The presidency includes the president, counselors, and secretary. There isn't a way to add additional administrators in Lesson Schedules.

I recommend contacting a member or your YM presidency to add or edit classes or lessons.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mevans

Post by mevans »

As I found out recently, if you're listed as the course instructor, you can update the lessons for your course. A workaround would be to put your name in as the instructor. That means you appear on the schedule as the instructor. Maybe it's a workaround that people in your unit are comfortable with.
randyhoffman

Post by randyhoffman »

Thanks for the ideas. I just don't like the idea of going through a member of the YM Presidency. Since nothing has ever been done with this tool, I assume they don't really care about it, so any phone call from me would just be annoying.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

randyhoffman wrote:Thanks for the ideas. I just don't like the idea of going through a member of the YM Presidency. Since nothing has ever been done with this tool, I assume they don't really care about it, so any phone call from me would just be annoying.
Maybe it would spark an interest in using the tool.
mevans

Post by mevans »

Most church members are very unaware of the online tools. Lesson Schedules is also one of the newer tools. I agree with Gary_Miller: talking to others might get them interested in using the tools. Maybe it will even get you a new calling :)

You might need some patience working with the leadership in your unit, especially if they aren't aware of the tools.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”