Contact Groups from MLS

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
KevSloan

Contact Groups from MLS

Post by KevSloan »

Hello - I'm new here. Thought I'd give this a try. I'm the Stake Membership Clerk and the Stake Presidency has asked about a way to create contact groups (such as "bishops" or "Elder's Quorum Presidents" etc) that are updated in connection with MLS. Other than having to manually create your own, is there a way to do it through MLS. They are looking for a way to do easy emails/texts to certain groups from a regularly updated list. Right now they are just keeping track of them on an excel spreadsheet which they have to update every time there is a change in leadership etc.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Contact Groups from MLS

Post by jonesrk »

Have you looked at the send a message feature in Leader Resources on lds.org? It's not perfect but it does have some pre-built groups.

The stake presidency and the stake clerk will have more groups than you will as membership clerk from what I have seen.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think you can create a custom report on the stake MLS computer that will give you a current list each time it's run.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
KevSloan

Post by KevSloan »

Thanks for the replies. I checked out the "send a message" feature on lds.org/leader and it did have some preset groups. Is there any way to create custom groups there?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

KevSloan wrote:Thanks for the replies. I checked out the "send a message" feature on lds.org/leader and it did have some preset groups. Is there any way to create custom groups there?
Unfortunately no.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”