Adding non-member spouse to RS roll

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
chrislenderman

Adding non-member spouse to RS roll

Post by chrislenderman »

In our ward we have a non-member spouse who has a MRN. We'd like to have her on the Relief Society roll. I see that in the system that she is a part of the Relief Society organization.

However, when we print the RS roll, she does not appear on it.

Is there a way we can rectify that? Any undocumented tricks to make this happen?
chrislenderman

Re: Adding non-member spouse to RS roll

Post by chrislenderman »

Well, given the lack of replies, I'll assume the answer is "no." Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Odds are her "MRN" is in fact a type of Temporary Membership Record.

If she's already part of the RS, then I don't know as there's anything more you can do.

Note that the roll is used for statistical reporting and non-members are not a part of that. So it makes sense that she doesn't appear on the roll since it would throw the numbers off.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
chrislenderman

Post by chrislenderman »

So, as it ends up, somehow this non-member spouse has a "permanent" record. I created a "temporary record" and added it to the RS organization, and now she shows up on the roll! It shows the spouse as having two wives (i.e. the one permanent and one temporary record), but we can live with that. Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

chrislenderman wrote:So, as it ends up, somehow this non-member spouse has a "permanent" record. I created a "temporary record" and added it to the RS organization, and now she shows up on the roll! It shows the spouse as having two wives (i.e. the one permanent and one temporary record), but we can live with that.
That's going to come back and bite you at some point. I think you need to get to the bottom of that. Did you read the link to temporary records?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
chrislenderman

Post by chrislenderman »

I did, and the member number for the non-member spouse follows the format of a "regular" member number, which is very strange.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

When you go to view the drop-down list of "Individual Records" do you see her name listed once, or twice?

chrislenderman

Post by chrislenderman »

Her name is now listed twice.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

OK, that's strange.

eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

chrislenderman wrote:I did, and the member number for the non-member spouse follows the format of a "regular" member number, which is very strange.
It sounds like a linked record. According to that wiki article you did the right thing. I've just never seen a linked record show up in the list of individual members. Usually you can only view it by clicking on a link in the member spouses record. But otherwise it sounds like what the wiki describes.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”