MLS export members record

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
opawix

MLS export members record

Post by opawix »

Hey brethren! Can anyone direct me on how to transfer members record to office excel or word?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: MLS export members record

Post by russellhltn »

Someone with MLS admin rights has to export the file. It will be in CSV format. Excel can open it.

If the file doesn't show with the Excel icon, then you can open Excel and then do a import from CSV.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

Of course you would want to make sure the members record is not being exported in order to give the information to someone not authorized to have access to the Membership Records.
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

I am confused about whether opawix is asking about exporting data pertaining to all members, or all the "Membership Record" detail for a single member.

The CSV export solution russellhltn described covers all members. It has a lot of data, but does not have all the detail included in the "Membership Record" report for a single member.

The item called the "Membership Record" in MLS is a formatted report intended for printing. As a matter of policy it is only for use by bishops and clerks, not the member. A similar but slightly reduced report called the "Individual Ordinance Summary" is intended for dissemination to the member as well. Both these reports are formatting for printing, not export. They could be printed to a PDF file using a utility such as CutePDF. If one absolutely must have the report in Word (I can't imagine why) there are some programs, such as Adobe Acrobat Pro, that can export a PDF file to a Word document.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”