Speaker Phone Device for Conference calls, Video Conferring

Discussions about the desktop video conferencing solution provided by the Church

Moderators: MarchantRR, rodhyde

pete.arnett

Speaker Phone Device for Conference calls, Video Conferring

Post by pete.arnett »

FYI - This information is provided only to entertain and amuse you and is only a suggestion that needs to tested in your environment
----------------------------------------------------------------
Talked with headquarters and they suggested a speaker phone that a unit could use is a "ClearOne Chat 50 USB Plus" personal speaker device that will connect to an existing plain old fashion telephone hand set and lots of other stuff

The conference room or office would still need telephone service and a plain old fashion corded telephone hand set

The Clearone Chat 50 USB Plus devices can be used for conference calls, video conferencing and webcasting are as follows:

Clearone Chat 50 USB Plus Personal Conference or a Clearone Chat 50 USB Personal Conference
Cost: from $119.95 to $179.99
MFG #: 910-159-002 (Plus) with cables etc.
MFG #: 910-159-001 without all the cables etc.

From the vendor website:
Clearone Chat 50 USB
Thanks,
:cool:Your Fellow Member,
Pete Arnett
Sunny South Florida, USA
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Pete, can you tell us who or what department at CHQ you talked to that suggested this?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
pete.arnett

Post by pete.arnett »

RussellHltn wrote:Pete, can you tell us who or what department at CHQ you talked to that suggested this?
Meetinghouse Webcast Team and the Orlando Florida FM Regional Manager
Thanks,
:cool:Your Fellow Member,
Pete Arnett
Sunny South Florida, USA
wvpenfold

Where to get a chat50

Post by wvpenfold »

Where is the best place to get a chat50 I'll be in slc for a while and noticed the company is located there?

Thanks
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

wvpenfold wrote:Where is the best place to get a chat50 I'll be in slc for a while and noticed the company is located there?

Thanks

My suggestion would be to find it on the Internet and have them ship it to your home. I'm sure that you will be able to find better pricing there and won't have to carry it home.
ksolsen
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by ksolsen »

wvpenfold wrote:Where is the best place to get a chat50 I'll be in slc for a while and noticed the company is located there?

Thanks
I am the product manager for video conferencing at Church HQ. I set up a special pricing arrangement on the Chat 50 with a local reseller in Salt Lake. They don't keep units on hand, but take credit card orders and ship wherever you would like. The price is $105, which should be lowest price you will see. Click herefor contact info for this reseller.
Kurt Olsen - Product Manager at Church HQ for Digital Presentation (Personal Video Conferencing, Meetinghouse Webcast, Conference Rooms, Video Conference Endpoints, Meetinghouse Digital Content)
jkentner

Re: Speaker Phone Device for Conference calls, Video Conferr

Post by jkentner »

We came across the Konftel 300 with 2 microphones to use with PVC for the Regional YSA planning comittee. The device works great, and is cheaper than the Chat devices. It also allows a analog conference line to be simultaneously running at the same time that Vidyo uses the USB microphones built in. That way users can connect via phone or PVC, and it allows as a great backup if PVC doesn't work well at a site. It allows phone users to interact with the PVC users at the same time. With the built in SD card you can also record the meeting if needed also. I highly recommend the device.

Return to “Personal Video Conferencing”