looking for work

Interested in working for the Church? Ask questions and discuss opportunities with recruiters here.
isolde143

looking for work

Post by isolde143 »

I am 38 years old. I am a single mom. It is okay if it is a volunteer position. I am a stay at home mom and I need some thing rewarding to do while my son Ezra is at school.
I can not write a code, but I have a lot of computer experience and I think that my level head and down to earth manner can ad a lot to the tech. community.
My experience is 3 years at Glendale Community College in Arizona. I took classes in the computer lab there and I have a 3.86 GPA. That was when websites and email were new.
I had a successful Avon website for 3 years.
I blog. I have my own Wordpress website.
I am actively working on my family tree in Familysearch.org.
I know how to upload mp3 church music to my tablet.
I take digital pictures and upload them on weekly just for fun photo contests on Wordpress.com.
I have had wifi in my home for years.
I have given the church family videos of mine to use for promotional reasons.
davesudweeks

Re: looking for work

Post by davesudweeks »

You might review the "Projects" tab at the top of the LDSTech forum. It lists projects you can volunteer to assist with.

I might also suggest you have a chat with your local ward or branch leaders - sometimes they have an opportunity (uploading photos to LDStools, for example) where you can assist.

If you haven't tried, you might also look into assisting in the Name Indexing efforts.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

There are several projects at vineyard.lds.org. You might also look into a church service mission – there are several that can be done from home; I'm not sure what the requirements are.
dudleygrantbutt

Post by dudleygrantbutt »

something you can try is join a project and try gain access to the application and understand what it should do, then you could join as a tester. We always need good testers :)

Return to “Technical Recruiting”